Should Barbara Anderson Write a Book?

by Scott77 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

How about historical research for its own sake?

• Londo111
    Londo111

It would be interesting, especially if she has any inside contacts, to detail HQ history since the time of Ray Franz leaving.

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

I like the idea of a biography on Russell. They should make it Volume I as part of a trilogy, with Volume II about Rutherford, and Volume III about Knorr/Franz. As for whether or not Barbara should write a book, it's not something which should be taken lightly and it can take years to write and research. The only opinion that should matter is hers regarding whether or not she should write a book. I'm sure it would be well-received here if she does.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Hi Slimfatboy.

I've been working on a biography of Rutherford and have completed 14 chapters on his early life. Unfortunately due other responsibilities I have not had the time to complete the Rutherford saga. If I'm ever able to publish the JWs will be surprised at how deeply Rutherford was involved in Democratic Party politics.

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Please share... All I ever heard was that Rutherford was a supporter of William Jennings Bryan. Did he support anyone after that (i.e Woodrow Wilson or FDR)?

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Hi Sic Semper Tyrannis. Rutherford campaigned for Grover Cleveland in 1892, William Jennings Bryan in 1896 and 1900, and Alton Parker in 1904. After 1904 Rutherford dropped out of Democratic Party politics and got involved in Bible Student politics.

• zeb
    zeb

Yes

• roscoe
    roscoe

Barabara did write a book Secrets of Pedophilia In An American Religion I have the E=book

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Barb IS a book in her own right, with all her postings. I don't think she is interested in becoming an icon. And for those who tell me I should write a book, the same applies. I am a simple Okie. Writing a book can be cheesy. I need no applause. The ego returns are minimal, I have my own agenda and outlook on the fragile world of men's minds. A book would not be popular, but rather controversial. I care little about others' view of myself as most of you that know me are aware of; I was born almost autistic.

Barb's writings are all over the internet, consider that far more valuable than the self-serving instinct to aggrandize ones self.

Just tell your story in all honesty, and if it is authentic and verifiable, you need nothing more.

Kind of like street cred.

Dogz

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well there is a serious lack of good books on the history of Jehovah's Witnesses. I hope someone writes it.

Athanasius don't you think it would be a good idea to consolidate what you already have and publish that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit