Since the early WTCD doesn't have older publication

by thecrushed 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@Black Sheep - Golden Age, Consolation, and Awake prior to 1970 are the hardest ones to find in my experience. There is a place online that for $99 will scan and convert to PDF about a hundred books large books and return PDF files, including images, with OCR included. I was thinking if I could get a large library from an older one that didn't need them anymore that would be ideal.

@The Crushed - I went through some similar things. Hang in there it gets better- it really does.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Thecrushed: It sucks when a mate finds out you no longer believe any of the shit. I think many of us went through the uncertain phase and some made it without divorce and some didn't. Think of a plan how you may deal with the MIL and your wife if they decide to team up against you. Problem with wts are vast and deep so you can start of talking about a date and jump to UN or child abuse and they won't listen but keep on blabbering about how wts is loving and gods org.......

Stay on topic and stay calm and get them to stay on topic. Since they like to use the old light, or wts makes mistakes, or are imperfect try to use the latest dishonesty in their mags. Pull info on last year's Oct and Nov public watchtowers dealing with 607BC and use the quotes in those articles, or you can call them mis quotes. If you can find the actual books in a library and show the context to MIL and your wife they may be less inclined to dismiss everything else - but then again we are talking about cult members who are programmed to defend the cult by any and all means. I suggest you take a look at Carl Jonsson's rebuttal of the two articles I mentioned above here and here.

It's better to use physical publications in showing the problems as they may dismiss pdfs are being altered. Whatever you decide you may want to discuss with them in case they will corner you, make a plan just in case so you can show them clearly that you're not being lied to by "apostates" or that you are choosing to leave god while wts is holy.

good luck

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

really seems like they wanna snuff it out of existence. They say that its increasing light as we can handle it but why would 1874 or 1914 or any other date be any harder to handle? I've talked to witnesses about 1975 incident and they swear up and down the society never predicted anything but only that people were drawing their own conclusions and were stumbled by there own presumption and pushing ahead? Anyone care to quote specific publications that bare this out as false?

• St George of England
    St George of England

I bought a CD on Ebay for a couple of pounds called "Magazines that motivate"

It has pdf copies of all WT's 1879-1949 plus lots of other old bits.

Good for the price.

George

• 00DAD
    00DAD

thecrushed, If it's conditional, it isn't love. What JW's practice is completely condition acceptance and approval. Unity and conformity are paramount. Truth and Christian love is not, they are only there for appearances.

You said you've really thought about ending it. Please do NOT do anything drastic! If you're serious, get yourself to a professional immediately, a doctor or a counselor, someone.

Your emotional turmoil is completely understandable. But know that you can and will get through this. Keep reassuring your wife of your love, but be firm for what is right. What the WTBTS teaches and what they do are wrong, very wrong.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

thecrushed: I've talked to witnesses about 1975 incident and they swear up and down the society never predicted anything but only that people were drawing their own conclusions and were stumbled by there own presumption and pushing ahead? Anyone care to quote specific publications that bare this out as false?

What will the 1970's Bring? - g1968 10/8, p. 13- 14

The fact that fifty-four years of the period called the "last days" have already gone by is highly significant. It means that only a few years, at most, remain before the corrupt system of things dominating the earth is destroyed by God. How can we be so certain of this?

One ways is by noting what Jesus said when he gave his great prophecy about the "last days." After he listed the many events that would mark this period, he also stated, "Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." -- Matt. 24:34.

Jesus was obviously speaking about those who were old enough to witness with understanding what took place when "the last days" began. Jesus was saying that some of those persons who were alive at the appearance of the 'sign of the last days' would still be alive when God brought this system to its end.

Even if we presume that youngsters 15 years of age would be perceptive enough to realize the import of what happened in 1914, it would still make the youngest of "this generation" nearly 70 years old today. So the great majority of the generation to which Jesus was referring has already passed away in death. The remaining ones are approaching old age. And remember, Jesus said that the end of this wicked world would come before that generation passed away in death. This, of itself, tells us that the years left before the foretold end comes cannot be many.

----------------------------------- Links to scans of the Awake!:

*** Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15 ***

If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the 'last days' in 1914, Jesus foretold: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur."--Matt. 24:34.

Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers.

----------------------------------- Links to scans of the Awake!:

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Ray.

Golden Age, Consolation, and Awake prior to 1970 are the hardest ones to find in my experience

Try searching the forum then the net. The majority of these are/were linked to and there wouldn't be many I'm missing.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/204051/1/1951-1969-Awake-PDFs

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

You can get all seven volumes of " Studies in the Scriptures" for Kindle on Amazon at a reasonable price.

HB

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

thecrushed, I am in your shoes currently as well. Please Hang in there.

Regarding 1975, here are further articles:

'LIFE EVERLASTING-IN FREEDOM OF THE SONS OF GOD'(1966) book p.29-35

w10/15, 1969 ph.39-42 on p. 622-623.

w8/15, 1968 ph.30 on p.499 under 'Adam Created At Close of "SIXTH DAY"'

w3/15, 1969 ph. 12 on p.171

KM, May 1974 'How Are You Using Your Life?'

w7/15, 1976 ph. 11, 13 on p.440 (in here the WT$ accusing Rank & File for all the above references they had claimed)

I don't know how to post pages here . PM me if you need copies. I have been also showing some mistranslations found in connection with the NWT' insertions of 'Jehovah' into the text in place of the original language manuscript reading of 'the Lord' (1Corin 7:17-23; 16:10; 2 Corin 3:14-18: Eph 2:19-22, 6:5-9; Colossians 3:22-24; 2 Thessalonians 2:2; James 5:14,15; Acts 13:44-48; In these verses the context refers to Christ) Here's how I do,

1. Read the context from different Translations and then establish which one context refers to Jehovah or Jesus.

2. Read them from the NWT to check for the correct translation.

3. You can double check them from 'The Kingdom Interlinear Translation

Let them know how you feel if 2 women(your wife and her mother) attack you and tell them, "You are persecuting me for following Jesus and His Father and the Bible"-use the same guilt trip JWs use on us. Make her/them feel like being your persecutor(in fact they are) and read John chapter 9 to her/them. It worked for me.

• Black Sheep

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit