My Partner and I have been together for 10 years today!

by ohiocowboy 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Congratulations to you both! Happy Anniversary, love rules Have a great day together x

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Happy anniversary!

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Thank you so much for all of the happy wishes! I feel that it is an accomplishment too. As Opened Mind said, we have the right to be miserable too-lol.

Being raised a JW and then leaving, there have been some challenges along the way, such as feeling that I wasn't good enough to have someone in my life, and getting past the guilt that gets instilled in us by the Watchtower. Fortunately, I found a person who patiently looked past my insecurities, something that no one else had been willing to do.

I did keep one teaching that I learned from the Watchtower. Many years ago in the Watchtower magazine, there was an article on marriage, and there was a drawing that showed a husband giving his wife a little flower. The caption read "Little things mean a lot". Out of all the weird teachings, they finally got one right, and that one thing I have remembered and have practiced through the years. My Partner does the same, and I think that that is one of the keys to success. We both also realize that a relationship of any kind involves being willing to give and take, and keeping a balance while doing so which includes the willingness to compromise if needed.

We both are very touched by all of your responses, and please know that it feels incredible to be thought of by so many friends here. We wish each and every one of you happiness, love and compassion in your own relationships, whether it be with a Partner/Spouse, Family, or Friends, including the friends that we make on JWN.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Congrats to you both! Very pleased that you met one another and have shared a decade together. Lets go for a few more decades! My wife and I met in the 1960's as pioneers, decided it was BS and walked out together in time for the first Woodstock. It's been a good life.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Giordano, Woodstock must have been incredible! What a neat way to celebrate your exit from the Org. I am happy that you and your wife left at the same time, as you both were able to encourage each other. I too wish you both many more years together!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Big congrats to you Ohio Cowboy and Dave!! May you have many more happy years together!

Loz x

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

*clears throat to sing* Happy Anniversary, happy anniversary, happy anniversary, haaaaappy anniversary!!! *throws confetti*

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Happy Anniversary, OC and Dave!

If it was legal in Texas, would you two want to get married?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Congrats on your tin/aluminium anniversary!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Congratulations!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit