My Partner and I have been together for 10 years today!

by ohiocowboy 46 Replies latest jw friends

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I am very proud that we have been together for 10 years! Being raised a JW, it was always hard for me to find a long term relationship. Most people that I met weren't interested in anything long term, and each time one ended, it left me feeling like I would never find someone who shared the same feelings. I used to long for someone to share my life with. In October 2001, I found some family on my Dad's side that I hadn't seen since I was a little kid. None of them were JW's, so they accepted me with open arms. In March of 2002, I sold my house in Ft. Lauderdale and began a new life in Ohio to be close to the family that I had found.

On April 12, 2002 I was on the computer, and for some reason I went to a chat room, something that I really never had experience with, and I started chatting with someone. We had a lot of fun and laughs online, so we decided to meet two days later on April 14. I wasn't too familiar with the area yet, so we agreed to meet at a coffee shop in a nearby town. I was really excited, and when the time came, I found the address we were supposed to meet at, but when I got there, the shop was all boarded up and lifeless. I thought to myself, here we go again-lol. Just when my happiness started turning to disappointment once again, a car pulled up, and it was Dave, who apologized profusely after realizing that the shop had closed down.

Now, 10 years later, we still laugh about that day! We have been through a lot with each other, but we were determined to make things work, and now we are both comfortable in the fact that we will always be together through good times and bad.

10 years in Gay years works out to be about 2 lifetimes, so we both know what an accomplishment it really is!!!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Love and best wishes to you and Dave!

I've been alone now for as long as you two have been together and, surely, you have the better circumstance.

CoCo

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

CoCo, after reading your beautiful stories and words, as well as feeling the empathy and compassion that exudes from your Soul, I don't see how anyone couldn't fall in love with you!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I am so happy for you both.

A toast to kindred spirits and true love:

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Dear Friend ... !

Given my personal circumstances and local JW family, I would have to move away to pursue a new life and reap its attendant blessings. My wonderful friends and family here, however, keep me modestly fulfilled. Perhaps what you so kindly stated will one day be my lot, that is, when I am free to reciprocate. I am a patient man.

Yet, as I already said, I feel your situation is better.

Love,

CoCo Content but ...

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Awwww congrats!!! I always get the warm fuzzies when I read stories of those who found each other online...and truth be told, you've both more than likely had your share of adversity through your relationship!

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

That's great. I am happy for you both. Here's to many more years together.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Congratulations!!!

Hee hee hee hee!!

Can you tell me how to keep the romance in a relationship???

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'll toast a near beer tonight, to u two.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Thaks FHN for the toast! That green drink looks very interesting

Morbidz, Thankfully, overall we haven't really had too much adversity. We are very low key, and don't really go out very much.

CoCo, relationships with friends and family are very important too, and I wish that one day soon, you will find someone who appreciates you warm, sincere heart

Thank you Empty Inside, we hope for many more years too!

Ziddinia, I wish I knew how exactly, maybe just by being ourselves, and listening to each other's needs and wants.

Thanks, WhaHappened, I like the occasional Near Beer too! Cheers to you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit