Do JWs even mention the 'generation' teaching to new studies?

by lisaBObeesa 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
  • Chariklo
    Chariklo

Invisible post there, Vanderhoven. IE9? Try Firefox or Chrome.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

LOL... Chariklo, thank you...but it was just an accident that I could not edit.... otherwise I'm sure I would have had something earthattering to say.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Unlike in comparison to the past the JWS used to quote the generation teaching quite often.

As time progressed this segment of the WTS. teaching has gone to the way side, obviously to the fact that many generations have come and

gone since 1914.

My guess is that one day 1914 will be erased off the doctrinal books for good and they will just keep on with THIS GENERATION as

noted luring tactic toward the public.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Of course the older study books, like the Truth book, talked about the "generation scripture" because the understanding was clear . Jesus said one generation and so be it...Difficult subjects like the day for a year chronology were left until after the "study" had made up their mind to become a Witness and they would then accept it.

As I see it, taking a study through Matt 24 would be a little awkward now , having to come to that scripture and now explaining that "there is more lawlessness crime etc, but we accept there are no more earthquakes than in the past, there are just more people and better reporting, and more care shown by the rest of the "wicked world""!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit