Threats from the JW mafia (subtle threats)

by thecrushed 46 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

i think that's a cowards way of looking at things , the apostles looked forward to persecution because it meant they would suffer as the master had suffered and were merely being tested .

• ziddina
    ziddina

Everyone made great comments, but I particularly liked this point that Hoser made....

"Will persecution come in your fathers lifetime? in your lifetime? What is the proof of this???..."

That could be a good lead-in about all the failed "end-time" prophecies - and if your kingdom hall has a library with old Watchtower literature, you can tell your dad to look it up in the older books...

There are many threads which will direct you to their past failed "end-times" prophecies - 1975, 1940, 1925, 1914, and so on...

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Remember when they stressed the importance of book study groups because we might have to start meeting in secret? Now they've eliminated that meeting night!

I also remember a convention 10-15 years ago when they said "it's not a matter of if, but WHEN we're going to be persecuted." Nothing happened.

That sucks your Dad believes it so much. I'm not looking forward to when the inlaws find out about us, I'm sure they'll freak out too.

• Scott77
    Scott77

I imagine JWs were more brotherly back then. Contrast that to now when people in congregations are shredding people with gossip left and right. There is real animosity and jealousy in congregations.
    LongHairGal

Well, I expereinced this kind of treatment for some years and I felt, the best way to effectivelly end it was to DA myself and start a new life. It was a very horrible experience. These people have been brainwashed to a level not even getting the sense of what others are feeling toward their irresponsible action. I could not agree more than what the thecrushed states, "...JW's don't have a clue what True Love is..."

Scott77

• flipper
    flipper

THE CRUSHED- Sorry you are going through this. Many times some elders do not observe confidentiality. And then your situation becomes blurred, or misrepresented through the gossipers that are prevalent among JW's. I have some people who say they heard I was DFed back 8 years ago, and it's totally untrue. The insidious thing about it is this- once we stop attending we are never around to defend against the false rumors spread about us. But in reality- I've gotten to the point that I just don't care anymore WHAT anybody says about me. I'm not going to waste any of my energy on these hateful people anymore. I'm happy in my life and it's probably one of the reasons they still backbite people like you ar me- they can't STAND it that we've found peace and happiness. Hang in there

• cult classic
    cult classic

I used to really suffer a lot of anxiety when the JWs talked of persecution.

It's so ridiculous and for the sole purpose of keeping you in line.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

what a frickin' cult

• erbie
    erbie

Oh yes. The PO in my old hall in the UK was a sneaky little serpent. He was a tax inspector by day but applied his tactics inside the congregation. Just to think of him makes my skin crawl.

Still trying to wash the dirt off my hands even now!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I'm not one of Jehovah's Witnesses and the brothers won't be able to trust me when the time comes to go undercover due to being attacked by the

authorities.

Those words spoken in itself doesn't sound like someone who's in good mental health.

One other thing that gets sometimes unnoticed is that if a family has been brought up inside the organization and a son starts heading for the exit door,

this shines a bad light on to the father of the son. Which could present damaging results for the father's advocation to move himself upward

within the congregation. Even still its a bit of nutty stupid thing to say to anyone irregardless.

Fathers do not want their sons leaving the religion for many invariable reasons.

• erbie
    erbie

In truth the JW's are of no concern whatsoever to the governments. The WT$ has an inflated opinion of it's own importance.

Other than the fact that it's a mind controling cult, it's hardly worth a mention in the eyes of the governments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit