Threats from the JW mafia (subtle threats)

by thecrushed 46 Replies latest jw friends

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

My dad recently found out I wasn't coming to meetings and going out in field service. He found an excuse to get me alone in his car and just lit into me about it. He said that if I'm not going out in service that I'm not one of Jehovah's Witnesses and the brothers won't be able to trust me when the time comes to go undercover due to being attacked by the authorities. This sounded very very alarming coming from my father's mouth. This all came back to him because some elders in my congregation were gossipping to him at the assembly. Aren't they supposed to keep matters like this confidential? I think I just had my first Godfather experience. Can anyone relate to this at all? please post your comments or experiences!

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

definitely like the mafia

Ands its also a nice dramatic story designed to provoke anxiety, that when the time comes to go undercover no one will be able to trust you. Shouldn't they be telling stories that build trust in Jehovah and not in humans?

we have had many experiences with being gossiped about.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

thecrushed:

Years ago, I remember an older sister telling me that JWs in WWII in Europe met in secret and if you weren't at the last meeting they wouldn't tell you where the next one was being held. I asked her why: she said it is because they think you are not "whole-souled".

Well, that was back in WWII and the world and people were different. I imagine JWs were more brotherly back then. Contrast that to now when people in congregations are shredding people with gossip left and right. There is real animosity and jealousy in congregations. How then, are these people going to rise to the occasion when the time supposedly comes - when they are acting like animals now??? - and this is towards people who are active in the religion. I suppose they wouldn't give the right time to somebody who isn't.

• hoser
    hoser

" the brothers won't be able to trust me when the time comes to go undercover due to being attacked by the authorities. "

I'd call out his bullshit on this one

1. How do they know that they will have to go underground?

2. How do they know the nature of the persecution? ie they may shoot on site JW's en mass at meetings, assemblies and there will be no "brothers" left to hold meetings etc

3. Will persecution come in your fathers lifetime? in your lifetime? What is the proof of this???

IMHO just a bullshit scare tactic to get a chair warmed up at the KH and maybe a couple bucks in the collection plate contribution box

hoser

• Ding
    Ding

It's really sad that the GB feels the need to hold its members in through spreading paranoia.

The idea that JWs will soon need "to go undercover due to being attacked by the authorities" is absurd.

It's a part of the circle-the-wagons, us v. them mindset fostered by the WTS to convince JWs that the organization is the only safe place for them.

Jehovah's Witnesses are not the focal point of history.

The reality is that the vast majority of outsiders neither know nor care what JWs believe.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

At least the law is against the real mafia and they're sometimes taken out.

The WTBT$ cowers behind a religious label and the law protects their dubious dealings.

BASTARDS!

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

@thecrushed: how did your dad find out you weren't keeping up with "spiritual" activities...if you don't mind me asking?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Ask him to explain anything that he said in the past, that has failed to eventuate.

Teach him that he has to justify staying with a church with more failures than Harold Camping before he tries giving you shit for taking the Bible's advice in Deut 18:20-22 and getting out.

If he tries denying anything in their history, make him read his own literature, preferably from a time when he was a JW, and ask him to explain why he insisted that you believed that it was the truth when it wasn't. Take offense, for any trickery he uses to deceive you, derail your question, or attack your character. He has to feel guilt for every trick he pulls out of his arsenal.

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

kool Jo

he found out from gossiping elders. They felt that he might be able to get through to me. He failed horribly. He only pushed me further away. JW's don't have a clue what True Love is. Hypocrisy! Religion is a snare and a Racket!

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

In case you have really determined not to be part of JW when big A occurs, I guess it wouldn't really matter to you if you would or wouldn't get those secret directives. They wouldn't be your ballgame anymore as you are waiting the ground to swallow you or your nearest building to crash over you. If you have again chosen to try to reach the life in eternity in paradise that would obviously matter.

CP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit