Passing out invites after the meeting

by 2tone 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

What you are allowed to do depends on your status; the higher your position the more rules you’re permitted to break.

You do know that if the tables were turned, and she were getting off her lazy arse and having a "get together", she'd be doing the same thing as you and no one would be saying a word because she is a ministerial servant-ette.

BTW: Was she going to be invited? Maybe she was just pissed you were excluding her, and for good reason.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Invitations are a no-no. People get jealous and hurt and complain.

Another no, no was to conduct ANY business. A brother fixed my car one time and returned it while I was not home. I wanted to just put his money in an envelope and give it to him quickly at the hall----since they lived 20 minutes away from me, and we all worked. His wife told me absolutely not. I asked if it would be okay to give it to him in the parking lot after the meeting. NO!

Well, hell! He was there, I was there, I had the money, and----it wasn't like he was selling me anything, he had done the work.

So I had to meet up with him, between our busy schedules, and of course, with a chaperone (cuz it would be wrong for a bro and sis to meet up alone) and it was absolutely ridiculous.

they are pharisees.

NC

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Even marriage invitations are not allowed! You have to distribute them outside the KH! But most elders will not say anything. As for those who complain ignore them and f*** them!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Well, hell! He was there, I was there, I had the money, and----it wasn't like he was selling me anything, he had done the work.
    You problem was you were making too much sense.
  • Bobbi
    Bobbi

LMAO makes me remember all the times I'd find a baby/wedding/goingawayparty invitation stuck in my meeting bag when I got home. Can't hand it to you in person but it is ok to touch someone's personal property.

Bobbi

• finally awake
    finally awake

When Just Ron and I decided to host our first "get together", we had no idea that handing out invitations at the hall was taboo. After all, we had heard announcements from the platform about "get togethers" and "snack nights". We were inviting every single person who ever attended meetings, whether baptized, active, inactive, whatever - no one was left out. Since we were still new to the "truth", not even baptized yet, most didn't know where we lived or even have our phone number. So Just Ron got an earful about not handing invitations out at the hall from one particular ministerial servant. Funny thing, a few years later he got deleted because his teenage son got arrested for stealing cars and robbing liquor stores. But we sure learned our lesson about handing out invitations at the kingdumb hell.

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

My congregation sends out invites in the Kingdom Hall all the time.

• 2tone
    2tone

I had an invite for the lady and she gave me the speal when i tried to hand it to her. She said bring it to my house. I was thinking ya ill get right on that. Never gave it to her

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit