Love & Living up to Dedication = Serving Abroad & Not Going to University (July 15, 2012 WT)

by pirata 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pirata
    pirata

Looks like there's a new series, "They Offered Themselves Willingly"

Here's how it opens:

A YOUNG brother in Italy was under pressure. He had just graduated from high school with the highest grades in his class, and now relatives and teachers were urging him to pursue higher education. Some years earlier, though, Bruno had dedicated himself to Jehovah, promising to put God’s will foremost in his life. What choice did he make? He explains: “I told Jehovah in prayer that I would live up to my dedication and put him first. But I honestly added in my prayer that I wanted, not a dull life, but one filled with a variety of activities in his service.”

The remainder of the article has many experiences of young ones to moved to other lands to preach (check out jw.org to read the rest)

It ends with:

WHAT ABOUT YOU?

Young brothers and sisters, do your circumstances allow you to serve in a land where there is a greater need for Kingdom proclaimers? Of course, making a big decision like that will require careful planning. Above all else, a strong love for Jehovah and neighbor is necessary for such a move. If you have that love and otherwise qualify, pray earnestly to Jehovah about this matter of serving abroad. Further, talk to your Christian parents and the congregation elders about your desire. You may come to the conclusion that you too can have a share in this exciting and satisfying form of sacred service.

• designs
    designs

God and education don't mix apparently.

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

With every passing month the WT becomes more and more extremist. How many people do you think in the organization are actually scared shitless and extremely depressed compared to those that swallow all the garbage like good little sheep? Someone wanna make a gander?

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

thecrushed, I don't want to bet because I'm not in the know, but the ones in my family seem to swallow all the garbage like good little sheep and don't listen to reason. I don't believe they will ever see the truth about the truth.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The wts needs people to go to 3rd world countries, as the 1st world nations have no growth.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Think about the title of the article. Isn't it cultish? Offer yourself willingly. Fear & guilt wash over me as I read it. No wonder JWs have a martyrl mentality. Programming. Slick programming.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is rubbish like this that would drive me right into looking into Satanism. Why do so many Christians send missionaries to places like Nigeria? Why Nigeria, and not some place like Australia, New Zealand, Canada, or South Africa where things are at least livable? The witlesses are no better in this regard--go to Nigeria, not college.

Variety in service? Hardly. You teach the same rubbish--all Christian missionaries have this issue, but it is more blatant with the witlesses. You teach the same rubbish in different venues. That is variety? And what a spiritually dead religion! You never get to know how the soul actually works--rather, you are wasting your time preaching. Does anyone realize that the leaders of the Washtowel are actually using BLACK MAGIC to keep the members enslaved? Yup, black magic! Every time they pray, every time they meet together, they are using black magic to keep the flock enslaved. Everyone else is forced to do the same rubbish--pray in ways that suck the psychic energy right into the top of the religion, study the same LIE-ble and preach it, and attend boasting sessions designed to suck psychic energy to the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. In turn, right into the Council of Religion--the whole Protestant movement, along with the Catholic religion, which they love so much to bash.

And, if they are going to use black magic to get me to go to Nigeria (witlesses or any other Christians), I intend to learn how to use black magic to help Satan and his demons bring the whole thing down.

• Listener
    Listener
    Further, talk to your Christian parents and the congregation elders about your desire

Here they are telling young ones not to talk to their non-christian parents. How much respect is that showing for them? You realize they have gone way off track when they are not teaching good bible morals, there is no stipulation in the bible when it advises to 'honor your mother and father'.

Regardless of whether a child's parent is a JW or not, most still have their children's best interest at heart and can provide sensible advice, no doubt a reason why they wouldn't want them talking to them.

• independenthinker
    independenthinker

love how they say "your desire " as if its a given! i always switched off at articles like that. as if anyone truly wants to be a pioneer. . .

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I hate this stuff. Bunch of assholes who print this kind of propaganda. In the end, they a slitting their own throats.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit