Love & Living up to Dedication = Serving Abroad & Not Going to University (July 15, 2012 WT)

by pirata 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS is well-known for reusing "experiences" as well as using ones from many years ago; they just leave out that information.

• Gayle
    Gayle

WTS no long has missionary Gilead work anymore. JWs have to go on their own dime, which is probably better. However, JWs go to third world countries with an idealism of a quick fix new world coming soon. After they are there awhile, they come back sick with an amoeba or something, and broke, never the same. That is as long as the Headquarters takes them back there, which would be rare.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Gayle:

Yes, I had heard that there is no real missionary work anymore and any daring JW has to pay for it themselves. You are also right that they come back sick. I was shocked to hear through the grapevine of a couple who served in some third-world country and they ended up getting sick and dying at relatively young ages!

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

They always regurgitate this old "life choice" thing. They know if they don't keep the pressure on to pursue THEIR goals you might lift your head up, look around, really see what's going on and go "oh shight, I need to get an education, a job and a life! To hell with this wash-towel cult stuff".

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    Young brothers and sisters, do your circumstances allow you to serve in a land where there is a greater need for Kingdom proclaimers?

Unfortunately, young ones consider this to be an adventure ... one that only a few received in the past when selected for Gilead, now they can go it on their own, at their own expense, serve as a missionary in a foreign land ... but never should they be presumptuous and think that they represent The Watch Tower organization, most certainly not! It is your own personal ministry.

• popcorn_eater
    popcorn_eater
    Further, talk to your Christian parents and the congregation elders about your desire
    Here they are telling young ones not to talk to their non-christian parents. How much respect is that showing for them? You realize they have gone way off track when they are not teaching good bible morals, there is no stipulation in the bible when it advises to 'honor your mother and father'. Regardless of whether a child's parent is a JW or not, most still have their children's best interest at heart and can provide sensible advice, no doubt a reason why they wouldn't want them talking to them.

As a non-christian parent I can't agree more. I caught this too. They know that a non-christian parent would stop this in a second, or at least provide some RATIONAL pros and cons to doing this type of thing. A non-believer is basically nothing to them. Plus, going abroad can be a great experience for a young person. But not necessarily doing it this way. I can tell you right now that (especially thanks to websites like this) I will be doing everything I can to make sure she knows ALL of her alternatives in life after high school.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

...and who is going to pay for your furthering OUR agenda abroad? That's right! You!

Here are a few helpful sugestions on how to do that (2012-07-15 WT, pg. 6):

"Some who serve abroad support themselves financially by . . .

• working a few months each year in their home country
    • renting out their house, apartment, or business
    • working via the Internet "

Yeah, right...

• hoser
    hoser

Further, talk to your Christian parents and the congregation elders about your desire

Yea so that mom and dad can cash in their retirement funds and give it to the kids to use in "jehovahs work" in some 3rd world country

• Scott77
    Scott77

The WTS is well-known for reusing "experiences" as well as using ones from many years ago; they just leave out that information.
    blondie

LOL. Andre , Andre,Andre , Andre, LOL. Andre , Andre,Andre , Andre. I miss him.

Scott77

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So now, not only the witlesses want people going to Nigeria, but they want it at their own expense?

Guess what. I can't afford to go. If I can afford to do missionary work in Nigeria at my own expense, I can afford to move to New Zealand and do something worthwhile. And if I could have saved up for such missionary work, I can save up by buying silver so I will have something to do what I want to do when hyperinflation renders the dollar worthless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit