When you really think about it, the WTS. indoctrinates people to be the organization's own sales Representatives.

by thetrueone 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

When you really think about it, the WTS. indoctrinates people to be the organization's own sales Representatives

No Shit Sherlock.................

L'n'T........woz

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Sometimes the obvious can be not so obvious to some people...... WOZ

The intension of the thread.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

They're all just a bunch of slick ricks.

At least a greezy slimeball car salesman doesn't make you ditch your family.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

At least a greasy slime ball car salesman doesn't make you ditch your family.

True , The WTS creates some fictitious doctrinal lies to support themselves ( commercial marketing strategies for literature),

then throws people to the ditch of they don't agree to them or personally support them, what can be more vile

and corrupt, as well to break up families and destroy people's personal lives.

In some sense the Watchtower Corporation has become God, making judgment and passing on punishment.

• LV101
    LV101

Absolutely --- the first time I attended one of their school meetings (been a long time - TMS?) reminded me of one of the sales meetings I went to w/a friend in Mary Kay --- they had a mock group thing going on in the front w/their offers and techniques. Wondered if they learned their sales techniques from Stanley Home Products like Mary Kay Ash did.

• rory-ks
    rory-ks

It is a sad reality. Jehovah's Witnesses are sales reps for the company, going door-to-doot to sell the company product. The uneasy feeling you had during the Service Meeting because some of the tac-tics suggested came perilously close to salesmanship...was because it is salesmanship.

The Circuit Overseer is the area manager. He comes to the congregation to examine the the semi-annual figures. What areas do the congregation need to work on? Magazine placement? Return visits? Bible studies? Is the national average for the hourly requirement being attained - that ridiculous notion, because if everyone attained the national average it would demand that all those doing more dropped their hours.

There are sales incentives, and sales drives: Leaflet campaigns are a recently popular method. Book-of-the-month; Bible-study day, etc. Over the last couple of years they have had remarkable success with the completely astounding incentive of dropping the hour requirement for auxiliary pioneering in March/April (or whenever). The organisation invents a job description which has absolutely no basis whatsoever in the scriptures, gives it an arbitrary hour requirement - 50 hours a month - and makes publishers sign a written agreement that they will meet this requirement. Then, for one or two months they make the thrilling announcement that **for one month only** the hour requirement will be lowered to 30 hours. You, too, can be counted in among the auxiliary pioneers for that month. The real kicker comes when the new yearbook devotes the opening section to the tearful words of brothers and sisters thanking God and his faithful and discreet slave that they were given the apportunity to auxiliary pioneer. "I never would have been able to do it otherwise..." And the Governing Body accepts all these accolades with no shame.

Congregation Floor Managers (Elders) keep an eye on the figures and shivvy the reps along when things look iffy. Assemblies are the company's Sales Conventions...well, you could go on, and on.

It is all designed to keep the turnover going. People keep going out the back door, people need to keep coming in the front door. It is all salesmanship, and it is a terrible travesty.

And what difference is it making? I read this remarkable bit in a book by James D. Smart - The Teaching Ministry of the Church - it had quite a profound effect on me when I was making my moves to depart the organisation:

An analysis of a successful church may be illuminating. With 1200 members on its roll, it has congregations of 600 each Sunday morning, 300 on Sunday evening, and a multitude of organizations that are active all year long. It finishes each year with a substantial balance financially after taking care of all its obligations. In a normal year it receives about 80 persons into its membership. It has upon it all the marks of success. But a religious census has shown the city to have at least 15,000 people in it who have no active interest in any Christian Church. How many of these 15,000 did this congregation reach each year? Of the 80 members received, 40 had already been members of churches elsewhere and merely presented their certificates. Of the remaining 40, 37 were children and young people who had grown up in the families of the congregation. A congregation of 1200 Christians. at the end of a years work, had brought only 3 persons in from the world outside the Church! As an evangelizing power in the community it was almost a total failure.

Compare that to a circuit of Jehovah's Witnesses and the figures are too similar to ignore. And this is from a Church that does no house-to-house ministry!

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Over the last couple of years they have had remarkable success with the completely astounding incentive of dropping the hour requirement for auxiliary pioneering in March/April (or whenever). The organisation invents a job description which has absolutely no basis whatsoever in the scriptures, gives it an arbitrary hour requirement - 50 hours a month - and makes publishers sign a written agreement that they will meet this requirement.

Of course this is all done while insisting that it isn't done so that more people can wear the pioneer badge. In fact someone would be deeply offended if you were to tell them that!

I say, stop announcing the names of who is auxiliary pioneering each month, and watch what happens to the number of auxiliary pioneers.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

It's a business with (jokingly) charity status. This always worried me (when I was a dub). Why would an Organisation backed by God rely on Worldly 'perks'? And I've said this on here before - AS it's a registered charity, then its volunteers should be allowed to claim expenses (eg, petrol expenses)

• Heaven
    Heaven

When I called one of the elders in my Dad's congregation after he reported to my cousin that something wasn't right with my Dad, one of the first things he said to me was "Well your Dad isn't shaving anymore. That's not like him."

I felt like saying to him, "Yes, when you start getting older and your mind goes, these things go as well." but I refrained. It is one sign of dementia -- personal hygiene is not done anymore. Once you get dementia, you can no longer be a Jehovah's Witness because you can no longer perform.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Yes but don't forget 'JW's ARE NOT REPRESENTATING THE ORGANISATION WHEN THEY ARE IN THEIR PERSONAL MINISTRY' according to the borg.

However the borg wants to control every aspect of your life, even if it puts your life at risk, but will drop you like a hot potato.

The 'Organisation' is the disgusting image standing where it ought not as it insinuates itself between you & Christ.

The 'Organisation's' existence must be preserved at all costs.

You as individuals are expendable in the 'Organisation's' quest for survival.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit