Anyone been to a meeting after a drink...or three?

by MMXIV 23 Replies latest jw friends

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Yes ocassionally, to conventions more often. Best memory is however when I was in fancy wine tasting (release of a new product) and this occured same time as the meeting. Event was filmed and televised later that evening as one insert of the late evening news. There I was, smutting my wine (tenth I guess) and small talking to gorgeus lady in national news. Some friends made me aware that they had seen me there with some notable wink. I have no idea what story my wife had told them about my absence from meeting.

Those were the days

CP

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

No but when I was 16 I smoked a doobie and then went......voluntarily!

I didn't HAVE to go. I went because I thought it would be a good idea. Let no one say that pot doesn't mess up one's mind!

• stillin
    stillin

Never did any drink before a meeting. Still don't. I keep thinking that there may actually be something sacred going on and I might tarnish it by my being influenced by alcohol. I keep waiting but...

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

when i was 15, i took some pills and opened them up, emptied out all the medicen and repacked them with marijuana. this made it odorless and transportable. i tried this for a few meetings. way to complicated looking back on it, but we were paranoid about getting caught so we went the extra mile to be sneaky.

i think now if i went high, i would start yelling at the speaker everytime bullshit came out of his mouth.

knew of an aussie that came to canada and would tempt a freind to drink before the meeting "just to take the edge off the meeting".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit