How many people do you know of that are ministering to J'W's and Ex-JW's but they themselves were never a JW?

by disciple 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• disciple
  • okage
  • Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

@disciple & okage...... If using IE9 click compatability button, or try Chrome or Firefox!!

Welcome by the way.......all depends what you mean by ministering. I have had a lifetime of struggle with JW's but never have been IN nor started a BS with them. I am here enjoying all the different points of view and accept them as that; Points of View, neither right nor wrong, good nor bad. I attempt to give hearfelt anecdotes, advice & humour on some threads from my perspective gained through my life experience ............Is that ministering??

L'n'T........woz

• designs
    designs

We've had a few come through here

• mouthy
    mouthy

A fellow Ron Milmine...Never been a JW. But when I started my group ...He has been with me since the beginning
    1989....He is a great Christian & loves all that call on him, Treats them with respect,

...He helps set up chairs food etc at all the meeting we had for over ten years.

He is not the only one that comes never been JW's but want to help in anyway possible .
    Many pick people up ,when they have no lifts. Just to meet folks who have been in the Organization
    is overwhelming for those coming out & NO! there is no preaching at those meetings just meeting each other
    & sharing our lives in the WT is a great encouragement .Many have lost their family ,because of the WT
    teaching, many were DF because of smoking, not believing all that is taught ,some for celebrating Christmas,
    many other things.... Does that answer your Question?

• robB
    robB

Never been a JW but I have a good friend who is a 'born in' JW and I came here to learn how people get out so I can help him.

I guess I'm not surprised by what I find here. Many people who leave come to the conclusion that all religion is rubbish. If you think about it, that's a secondary benefit to the work of the false prophet. He's doing an excellent job! xJWs have trouble with discerning truth, nearly as much as when they were in. When they were in they repressed truth. Do JW's know anything about false prophets? Most certainly. Who would they consider responsible for the 'Great Apostasy' --- the answer must be that it was started by and is propagated by False Prophets.

When they find out/stop repressing the truth which is that they have been led by a false prophet so many totally give up. That there is a such a thing as a false prophet requires a true prophet or true teacher. Otherwise all prophets are false. Think about this. What would be the point of making a distinction if all prophets were false? I can understand why they come to this conclusion. They are taught and shown how all world's religions are pagan. When they find out the GB is false, they are too burned out to consider that maybe Christendom has some truth after all.

Finding out that the GB is false does not negate the religion of the ancient Jews and their messianic writings. Finding out that the GB is false does not negate Isaiah 53. Finding out that the GB is false does not negate the point that the most likely conclusion of the NT manuscripts is that they were written in the first century with verifiable accounts of miraculous events.

• witness2witness
    witness2witness

I've never been a JW, but have a heart for them. I'm currently in Seminary, and serve on the pastoral staff of a local church, teaching apologetics.

Funny enough, I recently moved, and my new neighbor is a JW. Although, I have been using a different approach, and do not try and get combative with her. Rather, I just show myself to be the good "neighbor."

Actually, a question for you former JWs. If you had a neighbor who was an Evangelical, what would have been the most effective way for him to engage you? I don't want to be too passive, and am extrememly cautious of being overly aggressie.

W2W

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So sorry your opening post vanished. You probably put a bunch of time and effort into it. It's happened to me. Damn that IE9 and incompatibility.

A few never-JW's have joined our ex-JW meetup with the goal of converting us and "saving" JW's. It was so funny when one of them said it was easy to prove to a JW that the Watchtower had the gospels wrong and that [their brand of Christianity] was right. He went on and on about how simple it was, so I asked if he ever had a successful convert. He finally admitted that he never did, but knew some family of JW's in his church and the information was very helpful to them. (YEAH, RIGHT.)

The never-JW's never last very long. They tire of us not wanting to talk about how Jesus saved us or is so wonderful now that we are not JW's (or some nonsense like that).

• cofty
    cofty

Doug Harris who started the Reachout Trust ministry was never a JW.

When they find out the GB is false, they are too burned out to consider that maybe Christendom has some truth after all. - RobB

That is a sweeping generalisation Rob. I was an evangelical christian for almost a decade after leaving the borg. Like many unbeleivers on the forum I know exactly what it is I reject.

• HB
    HB

I too have never been a JW but joined the forum a few years ago to help a young 20yr old friend who was studying.

I could see that rather than helping her with her problems, the religion was making her more depressed and she was suffering with guilt. However in my inexperience, initially I stupidly attempted to help her in what I now know was a totally counter-productive way, ie by attacking the existence of God and it was only after joining the forum and learning techniques from others that progress was made.

I had help from several ex JWs here but one person in particlar (Mr Majestic) was instrumental in showing my friend from the bible and JWs own literature that the JWs did not have the Truth and over a period of weeks he got her out and she is now doing well. Mr Majestic has now become a mutual friend of both myself and my young friend (Bloomin Marvellous), which is fantastic.

I have been to a couple of apostafests in London and I read the forum regularly although I don't usually post, but last time the JWs called at my door I invited them in and was ready with a lot of awkward questions. The two nice ladies did make an appointment to come back but they rudely didn't show up. I think they suddelnly realised that I was one of the 'agents of Satan' that had taken their new young convert away from the local congregation.

I have learned so much from this site and enjoy the debates and will always be keen to help any JWs I meet to question their beliefs and to support any ex JWs if I get the chance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit