A new member of the thinking class

by Captain Obvious 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Not sure how to post a quote on here on iPad just yet so here's a copy and paste..

This thread is awesome. *bookmarked* forever The love and understanding coming out here is certianly amazing. At first I didn't know if I would feel safe here but I do and I think you sense it too Captian Obvious. Obviously right? lol I think the best piece of advice in this thread goes to linsc. *hugs* linsc

She will unconsciously expect you to behave more 'worldly' and display less fruits of the spirit. So what you have to do is be the best damn husband! I'm sure you already are, but be more.More kind, loving, romance her, and don't ever become angry or short, do well beyond your share of the chores, have dinner ready for her coming in, you know what I mean. If she goes to the meeting without you, she's got the perfect man to come home to! In time you can 'win her without a word'.

AGREED! It feels great to be able to share this with people who understand and can relate and give REAL advice.

And project perfect husband has started! As far as acting 'worldly' goes, I haven't changed at all. Like I said before I was never a super dub. I swear a bit on occasion, listen to whatever music I feel like, and my wife has never really taken issue. In fact one of the things I really liked about her when we first got together was that I never felt the need to censor myself around her. If she was looking for the perfect JW husband, she would have dumped me fast and found one. Instead she chose the one who was a bit more edgy, drank and partied a bit (with her), but had actual tangible goals that didn't involve waiting for Armageddon.

I think if anything I ever did that made some Dubs feel uncomfortable is take an unbiased, non-hypocritical or self-righteous view of other people and their culture/beliefs. The self righteousness has always made me uncomfortable, almost as much as the total control by MEN over people's lives.

TheCrushed, we will be in touch. Our situations are very similar, except for our past.

• Shawn10538
  • craigulous
    craigulous

I feel your pain, I was lucky enough to gradually fade with my wife at the time... it just kind of happened organically and we really did not have to discuss it. I agree with Cheezit, if you take a direct approach it will only strengthen the resistance. Be patient and kind, be logical, and slow, and eventually you will win out. Good luck to you, and welcome to the TRUTH, or at least it is TRUTHIER, than what the JW'S are serving up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit