RICK SANTORUM IS FINALLY GONE!

by minimus 122 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

He's "suspending" his campaign.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

"Suspend" doesn't mean you're finally gone. Why did he suspend? I heard his daughter was in the hospital.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Good riddance, but I did sort of feel sorry about his 3 yr. old daughter.

It was also good timing on his part, because I think he was about to lose his own home state - again.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Yep. He's out. The suspension doesn't sound temporary.

• cantleave
    cantleave

The guy was an ass, but I feel for him if his daughter is ill.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Good riddance

This will help Romney and hurt Obama. The Dems can't demagogue Santorum and use him as a foil anymore.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Woopee so the Mormon it is then.

Bring it on Mr Magic Pants.

• baltar447
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

No way would PA vote for him! His vicious attack on women and education made him attractive to only a fringe. Neither party can win an election with its base. Independent voters are key.

I am glad I will not have to listen to his miscogynist views. My wonder is how he ever was elected Senator from PA. PA is a broad state. Did everyone in Philly and Pittsburgh stay home that year? It precedes my time,

I adored the idea of Santorum winning the nomination b/c Obama's reelection would be gold. Hopefully, Rick will stay active from the sides, spewing forth more hate and wacko ideas so voters will think GOP=Santorum.

His daughter is tragic. Yet his office said to me in a meeting that medical crises were a private family affair and no government resources should be spent aiding them. I kind of admired their chutzpah before the full impact set in . Very chilling. No attempt to sugar coat or phrase it in a more diplomatic way. In years of lobbying and working on the HIll, I never encountered such an attitude. Other may have his philosophy but they would tone it down and not be so blount. My sister's neighbor worked hard to bar a center for handicapped children. A few years later,, she had a Down's Syndrome baby who could desperately use such a local center.

A few wacky Catholics do not make the Catholic Church. A national election is not a primary. He had to know he was doing a crusade.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The Republicans have not created much of a strong following, mostly out of the fact they haven't constructed attractive

political policies that they would try to implement by any of the candidates even if they did get into office.

Mitt Romney is no Ronald Reagan !

So expect a second term for Obama come November .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit