How Will the Society React to the Hundred Year Anniversary of 1914?

by slimboyfat 56 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

OK OK ... What do we do now ? its been more than 3 typically known generations since 1914 ?

...... I didn't know taking on the position as one of the GB members was going to be so daunting and difficult !

" Hey don't worry yourself, we got these suckers believing that were god's only solemn earthly organization, we can feed them anything we want

and they'll eat it up like a cherry Popsicle " Oh yeah I forgot about that, what a relief ... Wink Wink

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

tornapart:

It'll be no.3 .. it'll be impossible for them to ignore...

Actually, they're masters of simply ignoring facts that are inconvenient to their beliefs. The direct statement at Jeremiah 25:12 about the order of events of 1) "seventy years have been fulfilled" and 2) "I shall call to account against the king of Babylon" is devastating to their beliefs about chronology relating to 607 (even if all the other evidence is ignored). This verse, which is pertinent to a core JW doctrine, has not been quoted in JW literature since 1979.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I suspect the answer is behind Door #2...

"2. A very short mention in a low key artilce about the anniversary just to draw a line under it without drawing too much attention. ..." OP

Is anyone taking bets???

I really liked "Stuck in a Movement's" version, too...

Or maybe NVR2L8 nailed it...

"They already reacted with their "generation overlap" making the 100 year anniversary irrelevant since there are still many alive from that generation..."

Aw, crud... Bet's off... Too many good answers to choose from.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I wonder if there is some sort of campaign that apostates could organise to give a higher profile to the anniversary, maybe even provoking the Watchtower into making some sort comment on the date, if they were not already inclined to do so.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I don't think any of us are as smart as their legal team. They pay big bucks for the best. We have a few years to ck on developments

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What's it got to do with their legal team? I'm talking about something like trying to get the press to run stories on a hundred years of foiled JW end time prophesies or something like that, to get people talking about the anniversary, and make the Watchtower feel they need make a comment of some sort to reassure the faithful.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

5. An article last year stated that the 120 years has no significance: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/201505/1/Throwing-a-wet-blanket-on-2034

like that would stop them doing a 180!

i see some noo lite shinin' soon...

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit