The Flood - ? So how did kangaroos get to Australia? How come they are no where else?

by BroMac 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    he could have saved himself the effort if he had just realised that the Bible is not inspired, or indeed the word of god.

I find myself wondering if maybe it's just one of many creation myths, and not half as interesting as those from Native Americans or Australians, for instance.

As for those kangaroos, well, how did kangaroos get to Australia?

They hopped!

• Chariklo
  • St George of England
    St George of England
    As for those kangaroos, well, how did kangaroos get to Australia?

Probably the same way they got FROM Australia to the Ark BEFORE the flood in order to be saved from the flood waters.

Remember, we only find remains of Roo's in Australia, surely there should be evidence of them around Mesopotamia or wherever Noah set off from, from BEFORE the flood.

How come I believed this rubbish post 10 years old?

George

• cantleave
    cantleave

It's funny how many isolated islands have unique species (until good old Homo sapiens interferes). These uniques species are very similar to others found elsewhere, and have very similar genomes. Did Noah bring all these on board? Or is it just possible that they are evidence of evolution?

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    How come I believed this rubbish post 10 years old?

George, you're not alone. It is just extraordinary that so many otherwise really intelligent people believe the WT's nonsense.

One of my early objections to a study conductor...an intelligent, apparently sane elder...was about dating, the Ark, evidence of Stone Age man so very long ago, etc. He responded by getting out the Reasoning book and going through a bit near the back about how we can't rely on carbon dating.

Beyond that, the answer was always the same. Because the WT says so. They speak for God so they are right. If the evidence doesn't seem to point that way, then it is because scientists (or whoever) are misinterpreting the evidence.

• cantleave
    cantleave

The old carbon dating dodge, of their is no other way of dating artifacts

Sadly even though I knew the flood mythg was BS, it wasn't enough to facilitate my exit. I just put it to the back of mind and waited for jerkyhoover to explain it all.

• glenster
  • BroMac
    BroMac

good points made by all.

thanks

• pirata
    pirata

Why bother to explain it scientifically. Evidently God brought the animals to Noah, Noah herded them on the ark, God also prevented the animals from eating each other or having too many bowel movements. After the flood, God quickly restored the natural habitat required by animals, and put them back. He also created pockets of freshwater that did not mix with the saltwater so that freshwater marine animals wouldn't die.

Now that begs the question, wouldn't it have been easier for God to send an angel and kill all the bad people instead of drowning billions of animals?

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

The Dingo's, the Koala bears, and the kangaroo's where chased by the the Croc's accross the ocean. Crike-kees

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit