So,.......What Do They Do Next?

by metatron 12 Replies latest jw friends

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Just got back from the Special Talk/WT/Special Announcement. Here's my breakdown:

Both the special talk and WT were all about fear/guilt. Period.

As for the announcement, I saw the guy in front of me winking and nudging his neighbor as if to say "I told you so." (probably an apostate. Have to follow up on that) Everyone else just seemed to be nonplussed/duh?/huh?.

I think it will take a couple weeks for the real audience reaction to trickle in.

In the end, all this crap is ramping up towards 2014. I know many here think there is no significance to the date, not nearly as big as 1975. . . etc. . .

I really think the passing of ONE CENTURY OF GODS KINGDOM LITERALLY NOT DOING A GODDAMNED THING will not escape the average publishers notice. Psychologically, it is a huge disconfirmation of their core beliefs.

It think will go down, not with a bang, but a whimper.

• red21
    red21

@wha happened...I like that...sort of like Weight Watchers....internet classes, calorie counting, online support groups. "Click chat" to speak with an Elder right away"!!!! Would you like a virtual visit? Click here! This would be awesome! ;-)

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

One Witness commented on how when computers and mobile phones first came out,the Society told them,they would have no need for them. That it's just materialism. And of course,with the end being so soon.... Now,some articles are only offered on-line.

It seems most Witnesses could care less with this news. But,I bet it bothers older ones,or economically disadvantaged ones. There are Witnesses who do truly lead a simple life to pioneer,and do without a lot of things. And now,they'll have to ask their friends to print out information for them. Well,I know one "sister" uses the computer at the library.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit