So,.......What Do They Do Next?

by metatron 12 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

What do recent events tell us? Well, the special talk seemed utterly directed at getting lapsed Witnesses back into the cult. "Jehovah wants you back......"

And the letter? Well, if cash is rolling in because of some activity you are doing (killing off trees to print magazines for people lacking critical judgement) then it would be HIGHLY likely that you wouldn't stop whatever is bringing in the 'green'...... which tells you how truthful their internet BS is.

I don't doubt that various GB members are making remarks about how the "preaching work" is accomplished ...... but that utterance leaves the organization in a situation like those Who Have Dressed Up In Bedsheets and Sat On A Mountaintop Waiting For The Rapture.

I'm very curious as to how they weasel their way out of this dilemma. So far, whatever new deception they come up with has to 1) let them save face (arrogance) 2) save or make money (greed) and 3) get them off the hook as to Timing Armageddon (scam) by saying that the 'preaching work' is accomplished.

It's gonna be interesting...

metatron

• N.drew
    N.drew
    It's gonna be interesting... metatron

It is interesting, isn't it?

• Gayle
    Gayle

If the Vatican informed they were selling the Vatican land property and moving up to the Swiss Alps, but would be in touch via Internet, would cause global news, donchya think?!!

• Poztate
    Poztate

The new and improved JW site will be saving them some printing costs.

Some material now will only be available as a download and if there is enough demand either the congregation or the individual will have to suck it up for the costs of paper and ink. I could see the WT study edition going to a download and donate only arangement.

The public one will have to stay for a while until they go back to the 4 page "kingdom news" hand out at the doors

I am sure they can put some kind of positive slant on this..

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

Hopefully an EXODUS of Enlightment may occur; then they could take a deeper breath, stick their heads further between their legs and finally kiss their little asses bye byes...........wotta lovely thort...

L'n'T.....woz

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

You ask what is next.

No way can printed Bound Volumes survive beyond 2015 - download from web yes - on the CD ROM anyway

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

is this becoming a self serve religion? Rely on yourself, download your own material, really what's next?

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

#3 has already been stated

w95 p17 par 17

"Still, that first-century preaching work was merely a foretaste of what would be accomplished during the last days. Looking forward especially to our time, Jesus said: “This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.” (Matthew 24:14; Mark 13:10) Has this prophecy been fulfilled? Indeed, it has."

• designs
    designs

What do they have JWs write on a check these days. Payable to:

• Dagney
    Dagney

Thank you for finding that quote.

I get the feeling they are just doing SOS waiting for the end to come. There is no urgency, and the WBTS are cutting costs and full time workers.

In hearing former friends talk about aux pioneering last month, they do it because it is just what they do every year. Same Old Sh*t.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit