Why do the Witnesses keep mentioning how many people were at the Memorial at their hall?

by Iamallcool 23 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

They're trying to convince themselves their cult is thriving, gowing and not dying.

God is not with them and they feel the cold but can't admit what it is like the good salesmen they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9OC2kttd0c

• TOTH
    TOTH

I knew about a competition between the Foothill Farms and Carmichael congregations in Sacramento County, CA. They actually would send one member of their congregation to MONITOR the head count so it would not be inflated to beat the other congregation's numbers.

• ziddina
    ziddina

OOOO Toth, you have GOT to mention that on the thread by the fellow who was confronted with the "Only Witnesses Have Peace Among Themselves" excuse...!!!

Lemme see if I can find that one...

Here 'tis...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/223838/1/The-peace-in-the-worldwide-brotherhood-Proof-that-its-gods-organization

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I just think it's something for them to talk about. It seems,as far as the congregations around here,the attendance was down.

I must be a submarine Witness now,lol. Although,I do not do assemblies,or go to their parties. I'm hoping going to the Memorial didn't put me back on their radar.

• tiki
    tiki

Some congs get very competitive...I guess they see the one as superior who fills more seats once a year.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Self supporting propaganda , nothing else.

You know the WTS. is very concerned about numbers, for numbers does equate with the other supporting numbers $$$

The counting of hours in service, how many pieces of their literature is placed, attendance at meetings....the list goes on

The number of partakers is a bit of a bite in the ass though, they previously said the numbers would decrease as the time of the end drew

closer. But then again that too was self supporting propaganda toward their own doctrines.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And, what do they have spiritually? Nothing. Not only they don't abide by the Bible as they claim, but they are basing everything on a lie. All the years I was a witless, I never had even one single solitary experience that was actually spiritually upbuilding. Not even one. Nor have I seen any--those embellished experiences at the a$$emblies, where someone was blessed to pious-sneer, are not genuine spiritual experiences.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Last year, the witnesses spent more than 1.5 billion hours in this activity"------March 1, 2011 Wt public edition

We witness about the witnesses

With the click of a mouse we go house to house, we can even use a web cam to talk face to face

get the same job done, more contacts, less time , with less cost

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Can we have our own song ? "From mouse to house,

from cam to screen

us 'poztates gladly hit

telling out truth about

the Wittie crock of s**t"

to the tune of you know what, sorry, I do hope I haven't given you an "earworm".

• Gayle
    Gayle

To me, they just 'herd' (like cows) in and out the congregation(s) that night, nothing else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit