How Many Years have your JW Relatives Shunned You ?

by flipper 55 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Family is of the heart, not genetics.

• jam
    jam

A relative ask (none JW), how long will this insanity

continue. Don't they realize you will never go back.

What,s the point. Her words, this is the most ugliest

religious organization I have ever known.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

10 years............

Their Loss

• etna
    etna

CULT CULT CULT CULT CULT CULT CULT

Etna

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all the great comments . Been working a lot, finally have time to respond. Will respond to the rest of pg. 2 then pg. 3 a bit later.

BLONDIE- I hear what you're saying about having JW relatives that shunned you even when you WERE a active Witness. I experienced this as well. I totally understand your not seeing your abusive JW family. I'm glad you have a loving husband supporting you in your decisions. Remember you have friends here as well.

FLOSSYCAT- Wow, what a heart wrenching time you have had dealing with your JW families shunning of you. Your dad sounded like a cool guy who had to deal with your mom's JW fanatic tendencies. My condolences to you on the loss of your father . I'm sorry you went through that ill treatment by your mom and family. If there is an afterlife, I'm sure your dad is smiling down on you with approval. I hope you are still getting support from your boyfriend . Hang in there, we're here as well for you.

TALESIN- I'm sorry you've been shunned for 35 years. That's awful. I have a similar reletionship with my JW parents like you do - it's a relationship that always has the 800 lb. elephant in the room. It's too bad you were only able to meet your nephews two times. I hope you have a support system of friends in your area. Remember, we're here for you too, O.K. ?

DOZY- Wow, you have been through the mill too in 3 years after fading. I'm glad you still see your parents, but it sounds like your siblings are pretty fanatical in their shunning you. I have 2 siblings like that also. I find that the OLDER JW's tend to be more compassionate than younger or middle aged JW's. Interesting thing I've noticed. Remember we're here for you as a support.

BIGMAC- I'm very sorry it's been years since you've seen your children. I'm glad you are restoring your relationship with your DFed son though. Good for you. Indeed this JW cult is cruel. I feel ya.

00DAD- Like you said - hopefully your sons will see how hateful the elders treatment of you has been and will not let it affect their affection to you in time. My son became inactive at age 18 when an elder told him not to talk to me when I was DFed for 4 years. Now I'm very close to my son, have been for years as he left the JW's in 2003 also. So keep your chin up my friend, it may work out with your sons in time.

ZORDINO- It really is insane when you think of how much control and power the WT society has over these JW people. Sorry to hear your parents are shunning you. Please know we are here for you, O.K. ?

LADY LEE- The WT society's claims of " family ties " being strong are really a joke, aren't they ? The WT society trains these JW robots well as many of them take the hardline shunning views put forth. And yes- fear IS a huge motivator in these people

• flipper
    flipper

BLONDIE- I agree, family IS of the heart, not genetics.

JAM- Your non-JW relative was very accurate - " this is the ugliest religious organization I have ever known. " I agree with that. All of our experiences prove it.

CHARLIE BROWN JR. - 10 years is a long time. That's a good view to have Charlie- it IS their loss. Thats how I look at it as well with my JW relatives who shun me. Hang in there guy, we're here for you.

ETNA- WT society & JW's are DEFINITELY a cult. A scary one at that

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Flipper,

It's terrible that your own daughters have shunned you for so long even though you are not df'd.

I hope they come to their senses and realize what a great dad you are.

• flipper
    flipper

TRUTHSEEKER- Thanks for the kind words. What keeps me going and remaining hopeful is that I realize my daughters are mentally off due to the cult mind control of the WT society and Jehovah's Witnesses. Steve Hassan says in his books that authentic love is stronger than conditional cult love- so THAT thought keeps me going and hopeful that some day my daughters may come to their senses. Me, my son, my niece and my wife will be here for them should they choose to exit the Witnesses some day. Until then, I patiently wait. They'll have to realize it for themselves. They know I'll be here for them. Thanks again for your caring words, it helps. I do get melancholy over it at times. But as long as I have breath in my body- I won't give up

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Flipper, thanks for the encouraging words. I need them!!!

• flipper
    flipper

00DAD- Hey, your welcome my friend. You and I have very similar circumstances where it's going to be a wait and see type thing to determine if our JW children will exit the cult eventually. All we can do is be a strength to each other to never give up hope. Although I'm a realist who accepts current realities, I'm also an eternal optimist who believes that true, real, authentic human love will win out in the end with our children. It just may take more patience and time than we originally thought. Hang in there guy, I'm with you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit