The Governing Body Paradox

by truth_b_known 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

After briefing reading the original post on this thread http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/224030/1/Do-I-have-this-right I asked myself the following question:

The Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society publishes in its writings, as of late, that the Governing Body/Faithful & Discreet Slave must be obeyed to gain Jehovah's salvation and favor. The GB/FDS are comprised of imperfect, spirit guided men whose teachings are to be accepted as truth. Incorrect teachings (i.e. past teachings/flip-flops/unfulfilled prophecies) were correct at the time they were published. However, "new light" has changed them.

With all the above being taken into consideration, what should a Christian Witness of Jehovah do is the GB/FDS publishes a belief or teaching that is undeniably in opposition to Jehovah? If you accept it you oppose Jehovah. If you do not accept it, you are rejecting theocratic order and the GB/FDS, which means you reject Jehovah, as well.

It reminds me of the Irresistible Force Paradox: What happens when an unstoppable force collides with an immovable object? In order for one to exist the other cannot or the latter will be destroyed, which would generate an infinite amount of heat that would destroy everything.

So, getting back to my paradoxial question; has such an event already taken place and, if not, how would you surmise the rank and file of the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses would react.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

What separates christian denominations are the peripheral beliefs which are left to interpretation. It is these that the governing body monopolizes and that the rank the file can't seem to weed through. Altering the core beliefs of christianity would probably be unsustainable even for the indoctrinated minds of JWs. If the GB came out tomorrow and said that Jesus was not the son of GOD but merely a man and that all attention is now devoted to Jehovah alone instead, the structure would crumble.

• bob1999
    bob1999

"Altering the core beliefs of christianity would probably be unsustainable even for the indoctrinated minds of JWs."

But haven't they already done that with their teaching that Christ is the Mediator for only the 144,000?

Peace

• 00DAD
    00DAD

If the GB came out tomorrow and told everybody to start worshipping the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster the R&F would obey, because that's what they're all indoctrinated to do.

• factfinder
    factfinder

i think my jw brother would do or believe ANYTHING the gb tells him to do.

If they published an article in g that the moon is really made out of cheese he would accept it fully and be the first to distribute that issue door-to-door.

He would reason that all we know about the moon is what scientists tell us. But they are being misled and minipulated by the devil.

However, Jehovah made the moon and therefore knows what he made it out of. So if he instructs the gb/slave to publish such an article then it must be true.

Same if they publish an article that gravity does not exist, or the earth is really flat or the sun revolves around the earth. He will accept and preach it eagerly.

If the gb says Jesus is not the Messiah, is not God's son, he will easily accept that too.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

In cult-land you are on a continuous loop of dammed if you do and damned if you don't; so no matter what YOU do you're wrong and are never really right.

It’s how they keep you constantly wrapped around their finger and "doing more" in hopes of gaining salvation; the catch 22 is that according to them you can never do enough nor the right thing, and especially not without them.

So now let’s all be thankful they are here to show us how to wipe our ass the correctly incorrect way.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I think the GB knows that with internet saturation as deep as it is.......their gig is up. It is just too easy to uncover their lies, flip flops, deceit and hypocrisy. This is why they are harping non-stop on the NEED TO OBEY THEM. If they preach strict obedience long enough....it will sink in and prevent the majority of current witnesses from investigating.

It is quite scary. When you have millions of people that will do what you tell them to in spite of the lack of evidence or fact supporting you.....you are dealing with a frightening situation.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    If the GB came out tomorrow and told everybody to start worshipping the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster the R&F would obey, because that's what they're all indoctrinated to do.

Almost. The cognitive dissonance cannot stand such obvious contradictions. But as long as they bury the contradictions in seeming harmony with previous teachings or practices, the average JW goes along with whatever they say.

Example: overlap generation. This was too much to hand the members all at once, so they changed "generation" to mean "the anointed" instead of "worldly people in the time of the end" in 2008, then they added the overlap portion in 2010.

So Flying Spaghetti Monster would have to be introduced in stages. Maybe some hints about the Bible pointing to prophecies about pirates as true worshippers. Then maybe putting drawings of spaghetti being served at the Last Supper in the Watchtower magazine. Later, somehow getting the wine of the Last Supper to more accurately be a "sauce" of some kind and explaining how pasta was sometimes served as unleavened "bread."

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Don't give 'em ideas OTWO ! I think your New Light is too logical for them now, they have got so in to the habit of getting more and more looney that they will not want to sound too credible, those boys in the writing department wouldn't get such a laugh out of it if it sounded almost true !

Can you imagine it in the Writing Department "Hey guys , have a look at what I have written, can you believe all the JW's will just swallow this s**t ? "

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

OTWO - that was brilliant. And sadly....quite accurate.

I am picturing Jesus and his disciples at Fazoli's....passing around plates of spaghetti. Hey....their breadsticks are DELICIOUS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit