Calling all Atheists.

by mouthy 111 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    That cartoon cracks me up. In seven short minutes---it introduces drugs, alcohol, sex, gun violence and makes fun of mental illness. All for the kiddies!

Critters really get home owners riled up with incessant pesting. It's a real test of patience, but usually they just end up ploting a way to blow holes through them. A friend of mine has a will to kill every ground squirrel he sees. They have haunted his family for generations.

-Sab

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Typical of Jesus... you always hear about him "through a friend" or a "friend of a friend".

Let's see:

• I have a mailbox...
    • I have an email address...
    • I have a Facebook account....
    • I have a skype account....
    • I have a cellphone...

In the entire history of the world, communication has never been easier.... real-time voice with high-definition video... loss-less compression... error-free reproduction... worldwide digital distribution - all easily done by humans nowdays. Yet... god supposively exposes himself through "myths" and "visions" and "dreams" and personal anecdotes. For some reason "god" in his "wisdom" supposively approached man when human communication sucked really bad - at a time when all original records would be lost, and everything "communicated" would be twisted and exaggerated.

Funny that.

It's kind of like how you never see footage of bigfoot taken with an high-def DSL camera on a tripod through a Canon L-series lens.

- Lime

• xchange
    xchange

Sigh. I didn't see him on any of the runs on Whistler. Wait....could have been one of them pesky snowboarders. I don't keep company with the likes of them.

(continues to drink beer in the Village and wait for Jesus)

• NewChapter
  • talesin
    talesin

I'm not a fan of the 'respect for elders' rule, but with Mouthy, I think it applies.

for shame!

t

• still thinking
    still thinking

I agree HintOfLime.... Just as well we have people to tell us he loves us...otherwise we would never find out.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I keep Jesus in a cage with my other gods. They are cared for and given bread and water every day, but this Jesus keeps turning the water into wine. What is it with him?

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    I keep Jesus in a cage with my other gods.

Aye. Just remember if you have to transport him in a bottle, be sure to poke some holes in the lid.

- Lime

• talesin
    talesin

okay, then

• scotoma
    scotoma

I have learned that old people don't get a free pass for erroneous thinking. JW's and other religious organizations are all run by old people.

I'm 67 and all the people that taught me the pack of lies that has influenced my life are dead as I also will be.

Death has a great cleansing effect. Hopefully my great great grandchildren will live in a world free of the influence of old religious story books.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit