What's the strangest thing you've heard someone seek counsel with the elders about?

by keyser soze 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• james_woods
    james_woods

I am sure you questioned him in detail about all aspects of the dreams, Idnormo?

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

damn, I wish I would have thought of that.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Seriously, one congregation I knew of had a sister come and confess to the elders so many times about masterbation that they became convinced that she was actually getting a buzz out of the confessions.

They finally told her not to confess about it any more - it was between her and the lord.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

After reading some of these....this is different than a catholic confessional...how? Sounds the same to me.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    After reading some of these....this is different than a catholic confessional...how?

The catholics usually assign some mild penance - light some candles, hail Marys - instead of DFing you and alienating your family.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Oh, that's the difference, forgiveness. Hmm imagine that.

• bigmac
    bigmac

all these masturbators---what a bunch of tossers.

• seenitall
    seenitall

A couple admitted to borrowing funds from the contributions (he was accounts servant) and he had repaid them. It was for a day or 2 before he made the deposit. Years later, they are now divorced and she is DFd.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

This talking to Elders about masturbation, is not really a strange thing. I've heard of other crazier things.

The soc's publication's kindof push you to talking to someone mature to assist you to break that habit. Unfortunately, confidentiality is not respected.

When that secret is blown open, it really disheartens a person who feels so ashamed. It has unfortunately made some young ones commit suicide.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

slightly off topic, but when a good friend of mine became an elder, we all teased him about all the stupid phone calls and requests he was going to get. I would constantly badger him with stupid questions, such as:

Is there going to be dairy products in the new system?

Answer: well yes, it's natural so yes it will be there to enjoy.

Me: But I'm allergic to dairy products and it gives me gas. I thought there was going to be no outcry or pain in the new system?

answer: uh don't eat dairy in the new system

me: but that would be unfair, and the bible says God will set all things straight.

I would harass my friend to no end

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit