What's the strangest thing you've heard someone seek counsel with the elders about?

by keyser soze 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Personally, I never went to the elders with anything(not voluntarily, anyway). But a friend of mine once asked a couple of elders whether it would be acceptable for him and his wife to make a sex tape, for their own personal viewing. Needless to say, the idea was frowned upon.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I had a pretty intelligent young MS in his 20s ask me seriously (and he asked it "off the record", so to speak) - if I really thought it was possible for Smurf dolls to walk around on the floor of the kingdom hall on their own.

I told him "Not unless they have flashlight batteries and motors in them".

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

An adult publisher asked my father (in the 70's) if it would be okay to buy candy cigarettes.

• baltar447
    baltar447

ROFL!!!! A SEX TAPE? buhahahaha

• james_woods
    james_woods
    An adult publisher asked my father (in the 70's) if it would be okay to buy candy cigarettes.

Good lordy - that IS weirder than my Smurfs story. The funny thing was that I had never heard of the JW Smurfs Urban Legend until he asked me - and I actually thought the guy might be losing his mind.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I know a sister who asked the elders if brothers should be wearing white socks. She felt "stumbled" by brothers wearing them, the poor darling.

The same sister asked the elders if she was allowed to own a book of Mormon, purely for research purposes.

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

Marital advise: They are not trained to give this.

Parenting advise: They are not trained to give this.

Help with depression: They are not trained to give this.

How to get a stain out of a carpet: Most ARE trained to give this!

• cofty
    cofty

"Stumbled" - what a great word that was for pathetic people to manipulate others into complying with their personal preferences.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Indeed, the cry of "I feel stumbled": the refuge of malicious manipulators and pathetic busybodies.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Indeed, the cry of "I feel stumbled": the refuge of malicious manipulators and pathetic busybodies.

Even worse - the cry of busybody elders who just dreamed up the idea that someone MIGHT be stumbled - when nobody has actually been stumbled yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit