is it normal for a father, to walk hand in hand in public with his adult daughter?

by varian 33 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Blondie, duh, I guess I need to learn to read!!! I shouldn't post before my second cup of coffee!!!!

Thanks

• cofty
    cofty

I think George W. was walking hand in hand with a Middle East head of state at Camp David.

Cultural norms are different.

• Lore
    Lore

Was it like this:

Or was it like this:

• cofty
    cofty

Sometimes when we were out as a family my daughter and I would hold hands and skip down the road like a scene from Wizard of Oz to embarass my son. Worked every time hahaha

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It's sure the fuck weird that anyone would see it as anything but a positive.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Think it depends where, when and the culture. I held my dad's hand on my wedding day from the car to the front of the hall. And afterwards during some of the photos. Seemed perfectly natural to me.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It is highly abonormal for this culture. I am certain most people make a logical leap to sexual abuse. He should hold hands with his wife. It sounds as though he is grooming her to replace his mother. Other cultures might allow it more. I've heard of Italian men walking with Italian men. It sends off wrong signals in this culture. Are you certain they are father and daughter?

It seems very suspicious. What daughter wants to hold hands with her father? I am certain she would prefer a boyfriend. With daddy hanging on for dear life, boyfriends will be scared away.

• Lore
    Lore

I held my sisters hand at a theme park, mainly to avoid getting seperated in the crowd.

I'm sure if we didn't look so much alike people would have probably thought we were dating.

People are jerks, if you aren't physically tethered to your groupmates they'll just squeeze between you.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Most 7 Billion people couldn't care less what you find "normal"

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I think it depends on her age

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit