is it normal for a father, to walk hand in hand in public with his adult daughter?

by varian 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

not my thing but who am I to judge

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

I like WitnessMyFury's answer :)

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

But sometimes I think, that we have injected fear of normal physical affection into families that goes above and beyond necessary.

Agreed. There is nothing wrong with this act, although it probably will be ill-perceived by some.

• Girlie
    Girlie

I believe it depends on location, culture, etc. I don't think there is nothing wrong with it, but like someone said above, it could be seen as abnormal by others.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, what if the old guy had Altheimers pretty bad and had to be led around so he did not get lost?

I say it depends entirely on the people involved and the circumstances.

• Glander
    Glander

It is not normal for someone to see something abnormal about a father walking hand in hand with his grown daughter.

• vanyell
    vanyell

Malice is in the eyes of the beholder. I guess our paranoia of DOMs, have led us to suspect everything has a dark sexual side. Hurray for Freud for starting this mess.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

How old is the daughter? You didn't say.

If she's five or six, definitely appropriate. If she's 30, it'd be odd to say the least, but not wrong.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

socially taboo? yup.

chances are she's always held her dad's hand since she was little and views it as a bond she shares with her dad.

i comment this way due to something i noticed from my son. each night they come to us for goodnight hugs and kisses. our oldest son always gives a peck on the lips.

now i was raised that kissing on the lips had a romantic component and for family we'd kiss on the cheek.

i was a bit perplexed on how to handle it so i talked to my wife and she said that it really wasn't a big deal and he may grow out of it. in the short term, it is just routine.

chances are, if someone has something going on with their daughter, they aren't going to publically display it. as someone said, malice is in the eye of the beholder. i see it as a woman doing something she has been doing since she was a child, and a father that may be aware of the social taboos, but doesn't want to break his little girl's heart by changing a routine for the sake of others

• blondie
    blondie
    is it normal for a father, to walk hand in hand in public with his adult daughter

In some cultures men walk hand in hand with other non-related men, and neither are gay.............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit