Victoria, Australia: A MUST READ-Transcript of audio recording of WT letter read to all Victoria congs Oct/Nov. 2011 re: Working With Children Act

by AndersonsInfo 101 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

This was what I thought in the first place - the "perp" and "borg" were mis-transcripted (mis-translated) and nothing to get worked up about.

I don’t know that the transcript is wrong. My opinion included that the terms I heard could be understood as “perp” and “borg,” but that I did not get that impression when I heard the audio.

For all I know the audio I got is degraded. Alternately, believe it or not, I could be just plain old fashion wrong. My opinion is based on my hearing of the audio I was exposed to.

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

FYI, to listen to the tape, you need Windows Media Player installed and updated.

Barbara

• james_woods
    james_woods

Just as an opinion - does it really matter if the guy DID say "borg"? Maybe interesting, but a sideshow to the primary issue.

What I would think matters more is the fact that the Watchtower did NOT direct anybody (according to this letter) to actually register with the working with children administration.

They simply shirked their responsibility by saying that everybody is "on their own".

Now, let's compare that to reports given about their position at the same time frame - Oct. 2011. Previous reports were that the Watchtower had decided to direct the elders to register.

If they indicated that to the court, then this letter shows that they LIED.

• undercover
    undercover

What I would think matters more is the fact that the Watchtower did NOT direct anybody (according to this letter) to actually register with the working with children administration.

The overall message of the letter is clear and you're right, that should be the important part of this whole thing instead of "did he say 'borg' or not". But - at the same time, if the transcriber ends up in error on these two 'flubs' then it distracts from the issue. If the transcriber couldn't be relied on to get those two words correct, then it opens the door for people who don't want to accept the information as factual to point out the actions of the transcriber as false. And maybe not only just false, but on purpose as well. Nitpicky as hell, but when it comes to these things, it seems that if you mis-state anything (like the WTS being a member of the UN instead of saying the WTS was an approved NGO of the UN) it's pounced on as unreliable and false.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

Just as an opinion - does it really matter if the guy DID say "borg"? Maybe interesting, but a sideshow to the primary issue.

Well said, and I could not agree more.

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

I agree with both james-woods and Marvin Shilmer. I said in a post on this point made three hours ago regarding the tape and when it would be made available:

" Then you all can express your opinions on the information in the letter itself and also on what you believe the reader said when he flubbed up a few times."

It is the information in that letter that needs additional scrutiny and discussion. However, many posters expressed a need to hear for themselves the "flubs" and evaluate whether they were genuine, etc. or the product of dishonesty.

Hopefully, both subjects will be addressed further on this thread. As for myself, I always benefit from many minds on the matter at hand.

Barbara

• james_woods
    james_woods

Thanks, Barbara.

Just to repeat - I think the main point here is that so far we have absolutely no indication that the Watchtower Society has ANY intention of compliance with this law.

As usual, the story they give to the public is a complete deception compared with what they do in secret.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Here is an enhanced version of the "borg slip" in a simple WAV format. To me it sounds very much like a freudian slip. The whistle in the audience is an intriguing mystery and is definitely connected to the slip up.

The slip up is not a side show, the Victorian story is long over when their government went, "Phew! Good thing they complied. Now we can end this circus!" The show is the Watchtower and always has been.

-Sab

• metatron
    metatron

Somebody is very familiar with what the internet is saying about the Watchtower........

perhaps we have more influence than we think......

metatron

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Remember these convenient and self-serving words used only for self-preservation in the WT's letter that was read to all congregations in Victoria, Australia: " The publisher is not a representative or a volunteer of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia." (I bet if we had a copy of the Branch Handbook of Watchtower of Australia, we'd see that's not exactly true.)

Yet, why is it in Britain, another Commonwealth Country like Australia, the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain, has a volunteer force that supports and assists the Watch Tower, REGISTERED CHARITY NO. 1077961 as per the Watch Tower of Britain’s Annual Reports and Accounts 2005. (One wonders, “What happened to the unity of their global organization the Witnesses all crow about?”)

Note the following paragraphs:

On page 2 under the sub-topic, "Internal Controls," it states,

The internal auditor (who is a certified accountant) and his assistant, both drawn from the volunteer work force, have a set agenda to pursue throughout the year, and reported in writing to the trustees in November 2005.

On page 3, under "Relationship with connected charities" I found this statement:

The Society works closely with International Bible Students Association, which permits Watch Tower Society to use its facilities for the Society's charitable activities and provides accommodation for volunteers.

On page 4, under "Volunteers" it states :

Over the past year, due to natural disasters and an increase in the normal work of the charity, there has been a need on the part of many volunteers to spend more time than would have otherwise been required in assisting the charity. There has been wholehearted support from the volunteer workforce which has unstintingly given time, skills and energies to ensure that the charitable work of the Society has continued uninterrupted over the past year. We gratefully acknowledge their invaluable support and look forward to it continuing in the coming year.

http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/Accounts/Ends61/0001077961_AC_20050831_E_C.PDF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit