Do the Jehovah Witnesses break up families?

by trailerfitter 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• time2keepmoving
    time2keepmoving

Your wife is under complete and utter emotional and mental control. She's in the very beginning stages of being a JW where EVERYTHING that is not JW-related is SATAN, period. In her eyes, Satan is using you to break her integrity to god, but in reality your sound reasoning is making her question her belief in her religion...and she just can't have that. In her mind, god and the JW's are one and the same. God works through the JW's. So to leave them is to leave god. This is the point in time when most new converts lose their family and friends because they've alienated them with their fanatical ways. I don't blame you for being angry with everything. You've basically lost the wife you knew and she's become a bible-beating cult member.

This is so spot-on and so, so true! I lose a family member because of this, not looking back though. We are both adults and now this is the dividing line. I have gone North and she went South.

• carla
    carla

From talking to many ubm's over the years I have come to the conclusion that if a couple can get throught the initial hell of it all they may make it and find their truce of sorts. I would venture that on average it takes approximately 2 years of sheer hell then it can get better or dissolve completely. Just my take on it.

If one can hang onto the love and find those fleeting moments during the hell process....... hard I know. If possible find what kept you close to begin with and stoke those flames instead of the anger... hard too and at times seemingly impossible.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Like I said earlier....

Use their own restrictions on "wimmin", against them...

Pretend to be contrite/interested/willing to compromise...

THEN play the HEADSHIP CARD - HARD!!!!

And ALWAYS with a "nicety-nice" attitude, and playing at being an "interested" person....

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

I have a friend. When I met his mom for the first time, I told her I was a Jehovah's Witness. She told me she studied when she was younger with her parents when they lived in Florida. She said they had to stop because her mom was more responsive than her dad and the Witnesses were trying to break them up.

Sick people we have in this world. I'm sorry you have to go through this.

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

:(

YES

Before my parents decided to marry and make it legal, many members of the congregation would BLATANTLY flirt with my pretty young mother, and some sisters even went so far as to SUGGEST ideal candidates.

Once my dad (non JW) accompanied us for a meeting, and one brother was heavily petting my mother (touching her hair, arm, complimenting) in front of my dad. Someone misinformed the poor moron about my mom being single and looking for a good, spiritual brother to marry.

Needless to say.... my dad had to be dragged out of the hall after threatening to break the guy's face. After that awesome incident, nobody hit on mom, much to her chagrin :D .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit