I guess I'm in a particularly morose mood today

by wha happened? 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

but it doesn't put things back in place again. Not how we want it anyway.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Human constructs are easy to identify . . . just spend a few days in the forest or on a deserted beach.

You won't find any religion.

You won't find any political ideology.

You won't find corporate commerce, or a GDP, or economic growth.

And . . . you won't find God.

All you'll find is the forest or the beach . . . because they're actually there.

The human constructs you will not find.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    And . . . you won't find God.

Depends on who you are. Some will agree with you. Some will not. And you cannot say that because you won't find him that no one finds him in the forest. Just saying really that your scenario is relative, rather than absolute.

• glenster
    glenster

No place to plug in a gaming PC, a life support machine, an air conditioner, a sound system, visit a library, buy food for a mixed terrier mutt, buy clothes....? If God wasn't there, it's because He wanted to leave it to the animals and bugs like the rest of us. I'll visit the woods but take civilization for a home.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I like your thinking Glenster. I feel the same.

Something must have triggered my wife and I. She weny to bed an hour ago, she looked annoyed. I asked why, and before she could say a word, she realized she had no idea why. I said the same thing. I've been in this cloud most of the day, no idea why. Because wifey and I asctually had a great simple day with me making her breakfast, doing a few work errands with her, shopping, dinner out. But yet the whole time we were edgy, annoyed, but not at each other.

Must be the price of tea in China

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

what happened?, did you check the barometric pressure? When it drops it can do that to you.

• Violia
    Violia

yes, I think we have to accept that man has hurt himself. I always think of Jimmy Buffett song" We are the people our parents warned us about". There are many good people in this world, so why can't we feed starving children? I am afraid greed and man's inhumanity to each other seems to win.

I have been struggling with my belief in God, close to just thinking that if He exists he has lost all interest in humans. I can't help but laugh at Tim Minchin and agree with him on so many levels. Yet when I watched him do " Sam's Mum" I saw him look up at the end. He seems to be taunting God for a response. I wonder if he wishes he would get a response. I know for sure I have had prayers answered. It you don't believe - I understand b/c I know they were .

Religion is another matter. My life has been better since I walked out of the KH. I did not leave God, I left the KH and a high contorl mean-spirited set of beliefs. I have looked at other belief systems including new age/wiccan etc. I find I need spirituality in my life. I need to believe there is someone more powerful than man. I pray there is anyhow. Maybe I just need a blankie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit