I guess I'm in a particularly morose mood today

by wha happened? 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

But I guess I finaly had it at the office with religion. (There are two dubs and everyone else just throws in comments). I guess living the life of a dub for a number of years took a lot of the belief out of me.

I think what threw me the most is when I hear people saying that God is like a parent, a Father watching over his children. Well ok fine, let's call it that. And when adult children fight amongst themselves, well the parents let the adults work it out. What should the parents do when the children start tortuing each other, holdning food and starving their siblings. Killing thsm. Doesn't the parent at least owe a phone call to end the mess?

Comment as u wish, even if it ends up going off topic and disintegrating into a political thread about Obama.

• darthfader
    darthfader

Faith is cold as ice...
    Why are little ones born only to suffer
    for the want of immunity or a bowl of rice.

Who would hold a price
    on the heads of these innocent children
    if these some immortal power to control te dice...

We go out in the world and take our chances
    Fate is just the weight of circumstances
    That`s the way that lady luck dances
    Roll the bones

• designs
    designs

God is trying to regain control of the Universe, give him some slack....

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm so glad u didn't say that to me yesterday. I would have been apologizing to u today

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Remember, they're in a Mind-Control Cult.

They are behaving as they are indoctrinated.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well the dubs yea, they are in the minority at the office. Only two of them

• Heaven
    Heaven

God is like a parent, a Father watching over his children.

If this is true, then God is a Deadbeat Dad.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I thought it was your biz. Can't you have a "No Religious Discussions" policy?

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Yes agreed a undeniable communication is long overdue with all the confusion and noise out there. The other day there was a thread about that getting an update from god in this day and age.

Not to get you down more but if you really do believe the bibles narrative on the subject then we are all essentially pawns. From God's standpoint this is all a strictly legal case to "to regain control of the Universe" as designs mentioned. God is giving us plenty of rope to hang ourselves with; a testement that we can't rule ourselves. Think of the child that openly challenges the math teacher in front of all the class, the math teacher hands the child the chalk and let's him try and do it better (which of course he can't) If we survive this system, God will use our own ineptness as a justification for a "celestial dictatorship" for all eternity as Hitchins put it. I am convinced that the rebellion in the bible was always about freedom. I just don't buy it that God could not see this coming when he decided to create sentient life and fate those who saw things differently would be killed off seems very petty.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm a pretty cool boss about the office, although I can be quite hard core. I try to keep a balance.

tootired, it's not getting me down, I just get tired of feeling guilty about defending a dysfunctional "parent"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit