The peace in the worldwide brotherhood. Proof that it's gods organization?

by BreathoftheIndianNose 31 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

As a non jw and being on the ex jw boards for many years I was quite surprised to hear about the many times jw's screw each other in business! or flat out rip off people. There are numerous stories of jw's behaving badly towards each other (if the shunning alone is not enough for you).

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

mP, sorry about the Buddhist generalization.

Another comment on the OP. Israel went through all kinds of wars. Christians had internal disruptions, immorality and such. It's all relative. To me, proof would be a column of fire following around everywhere. That would be bad-ass and unmistakable.

• BreathoftheIndianNose
    BreathoftheIndianNose

I'd say when you combine a few main elements, like the WTS does, you have a guaranty of uniformity. And that uniformity can be used in whichever way you want. Step 1: impose a common enemy, ie: Satan/demons. Step 2: Come up with an idea for the best possible reward that nearly every person would look forward to, allow it to be slightly personalized for each person, ie: The promise of living in a paradise, forever, with your friends, if your old, don't worry, you won't be any longer, if your pour, never fear, money will be a thing of the past, if youre young, well get ready to explore the whole world. Step 3: establish yourself as the only source for truth and the only way to salvation, ie. God is running this organization. Step 4: tell them all the same information and heavily regulate any other information contrary to what you are teaching, ie: bombard them with magazines, brochures, books and public discourses so they don't have time to read other information, then tell them any information that sheds bad light on the organization is from Satan. Step 5: add a large does of guilt, ie: "god is watching your every move." If you use these main elements properly, you will have a group of people willing to do anything for the purpose, if you want them to be peaceful and not rebelious, demand it, and you should get it.

I think it is interesting though to debate what level of peace they have. Sure they don't go to war or engage in riots or things as obviously violent, but just because they don't do these things doesn't mean they are living the best way of life. In fact, a willingness to fight when you feel it is for a good cause, can be one of the most peaceful things you can do. It saves others from having to suffer or being downtrodden.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I think it is interesting though to debate what level of peace they have.

If you have been an elder very long you have seen it all in the private meetings - everything from verbal shouting matches, up to actual fist fights in the worst cases. I know of an actual case where an elder was being removed for covering up gross misconduct on the part of his kids - and he openly threatened the elders that he would "burn down the Kingdom Hall" if he was removed.

This peace issue is just an illusion - like all other JW pretensions to the outside world.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I was intrigued by this thread title and was going to offer my opinion too, but after reading some of the other comments I see it's been pretty well covered, especially by jwfacts.

The fact is, the "peace of the brotherhood" is just one more illusion of JW Theology.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Jw's are not inwardly peaceful they are simply content to wait for Jah to order the destruction of 7 billion people at Armageddon. Just ask your friend to remember the illustrations in the mags. There is nothing but more bloodshed promised in the future and the JW's are all counting on the coming slaughter. Nothing peaceful about making that one of your strongest beliefs.

How peace loving are the JW's when they invade a sick brother or sister or JW child's hospital room to make sure they are refusing blood? What other religion with the exception of the Christian Scientists, encourage their members to commit suicide because of a dietary law? Jonestown claimed 1,000 victims, many were forced at gun point to drink the poison and even to feed it to their children. That's nothing compared to the annual deaths experienced by JW'S because of the WT'S lies about blood and intimidation through shunning.

Speaking of shunning that's a violent act if their was ever one.

Tell your friend that peace and violence come in many forms and the WTBTS has blood on it's hands.

• BreathoftheIndianNose
    BreathoftheIndianNose

Giordano

Just ask your friend to remember the illustrations in the mags. There is nothing but more bloodshed promised in the future and the JW's are all counting on the coming slaughter. Nothing peaceful about making that one of your strongest beliefs.

Great point!

And thanks for all the great insights everyone!

• tec
    tec

Well, as others have mentioned, there are many groups (among Christianity as well as other world religions) that are peaceful, who don't go to war, and who are even pacifist. Some of these even bless their enemies (as Christ taught), rather than looking forward to a time when most of the world will be destroyed.

Another thing to consider is that they simply cut off those who disagree with them, through disfellowshipping and dissassociation.

Peace,

tammy

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Great comments already. I was thinking like Gio. I don't think a really peaceful people would be praying for the day to come very soon when billions of innocent men, women, and children would have their heads bashed open by falling rocks. And their hideous crime for which they deserve death was not accepting a colorful magazine featuring articles about menopause from a couple of JWs at their door.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BOIN:

Hardly. I do not believe they have real "peace". What people on the outside see is forced conformity. In fact, I think there is anxiety and some hostility right beneath the surface, but it is carefully hidden. What about all the gossip that goes on behind the scenes? It is absolutely horrendous. The so-called friends take turns nitpicking, ratting-out and shredding each other's reputation on a regular basis.

They can keep their wonderful brotherhood!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit