The peace in the worldwide brotherhood. Proof that it's gods organization?

by BreathoftheIndianNose 31 Replies latest jw friends

• BreathoftheIndianNose
    BreathoftheIndianNose

So I'm on my way out, way out. And things are within a week or two of being D.A.ed/D.F.ed, and my jw best friend sent me an email to check how I was doing. I was fairly sure that he was very much on the edge of leaving to, or at least that he didn't believe it for a long time. So I sent him an email in reply and told him basically everything I believed and the reasons I knew JWs are not the true religion, and I also told him I was leaving. I had hopes he would react a certain way but ofcouse was afraid he would act another way. He emailed me back in two days saying he doesnt believe it and hasn't for a long time. I read this today and honestly haven't felt this happy in years. The only thing he said that made him believe it could be the truth, is that there is so much peace within the international brotherhood, unlike anywhere else in the world. Although I'm not overly worried about about this question, if I could give him a good answer, I think it would give him the boost he needs to make leaving or fading, a priorary.

What would you say when someone, who is a very rational person by the way, says that they think the peace within the worldwide brotherhood is a sign that JWs have the truth?

• mP
    mP

in a word bullshit. ive never heard of the scientologists having a war. xianity has killed more ppl than all other religions combined. even jesus own followers carried swords - just look at the story of peter cutting the slaves ear. how come jesus didnt repremand peter before, its not as if he shpuldnt have seen or known about the sword.

if god loves peace how come he is known as jehovah of armies, and not jehovh of peace? why do his chosen ppl the jews always kill others and between themselves every other page in the ot?

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

JW learn to submit to their leaders - religious, secular and governmental. JW don't protest, have no political opionions and they act in uniformity...Not fighting and tolerating others annoying traits doesn't equate to true peace and love...If they were free to speak their mind all this "peace" would vanish...and we would be no different then normal people.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Steven Hassan's book "combatting cult mind control" shows the love bombing and unity the moonies show as well. They like j.w.'s are unified but still a CULT like Jehovah's witnesses.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Being peaceful makes no claims to truthfulness.

Buddhists are peaceful.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    in a word bullshit. ive never heard of the scientologists having a war.

Then you have not heard much about them. They are more ruthless than the current crop of the JWs.

Their leader, for example, likes to punch his elite followers in the stomach as a "training device".

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

And if, and I use that term loosely, there is some slight hedge of JWS being more peaceful than others ,and I'm not saying that they are, it would not be due to them being a part of Gods chosen organization on Earth today.

It would be because they THINK that they are a part of Gods chosen organization on Earth today.

I think that it all has to do with perception. If you REALLY THINK that you are a special, chosen people, then many will tend to act this way.

• Lyssa
    Lyssa

Hi :) I'm new to this forum, but I was interested in this question. Honestly, even athiests can have peace. Shoot, Buddists are nilthists!! (They believe in nothing which is worse than athiesm) and look how peaceful they are amongst themselves. I think it's the friendships that he'll miss... I would too. I think it might be because he simply doesn't know any better, though. How does he know that it's the most peaceful? Most of the time, it's peaceful because people have to be united, but they're dying inside. It's an illusion. It's all he knows to say that. The real question.... how would he feel if he could tell all his brothers how he feels about the doubts he's having about the organization without the fear of them shunning him? All those brothers who he says he shares this bond and peace with will sell him out and turn their backs on him in a red hot second, and shun him forever just because they're told to by a religion. In my honest opinion, he has yet to experience true brotherhood.

• mP
    mP

james

i hate as scientology as much as the next guy, however the scale of violence their minders and related members do is not a war or'even close to one. scientology has never started a crusade like war expedition to anywhere. theres a big difference between war and the actions of bnoth jw shunning or'sciemtology blackmailing. war is itself illegal, shunning and other tactics'exhibhited by both religions unfortunely while reprehensible is not bloody or murder.

• mP
    mP

knows

your comments about buddhism being peaceful arenot quite true. before the chinese came to tibet, the lamas were exploiting the locals just as ruthlessly and violently as other clergy systems. im not saying i condone the chinese occupation but lets be honest, most if not all clergy are evil lying barstards who steal from gullable locals by way of persuasion or force

just because the daili lama appears peaceful today doesnt mean the tradition or history was so. today the pope is just an old man in a small country with a few fancy dressed guards. in the past he ordered and authorized many to their death.

lets not forget the japanese culture is also buddhist, and they were equal if not worse than the nazis in china and korea. even today those countries do not forget the millions of dead and pain of the japanese army.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit