JW Memorial celebration has to rely on fairy tale history to support it's importance

by undercover 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I agree timelines don’t add up, besides it's all so silly if you think about it.

Some dude ate a piece of fruit that gave him knowledge.

God told him not to and got all pissed when he did, now he’s blaming everyone for this; so what is the only way we can be redeemed?

Well naturally that would be for God to send his kid and let us kill him.

Wait isn't that a bigger sin than eating a piece of fruit that gave a guy intelligence?

Nope, apparently not, because were told we must continually celebrate this glorious loving provision.

Really????????????????

If this is real it’s not moral or loving it’s downright horrific and only proves that God cares nothing about anyone but himself and is one big grudge holder.

• designs
    designs

- Russell and the Bible Students believe Adam and Eve will be resurrected and the JWs do not.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Gospel of Luke in Chap 3 traces the generations back to Adam in a most literal way, so, if you take the story as only an allegory then what is all that about?

If you are a Bible believer in the sense that it is from God in some way, you have to believe in at least the literal existence of Adam, and that he lived around 6,000 years ago.

The problem is that if just one man, Homo Sapiens, lived before Adam then the whole Adamic sin and "ransome" sacrifice idea of the WT and others falls apart.

Men were building Temples and other structures 11,000 years ago and more.

Story over.

The "Memorial" as celebrated by the WT/JW religion is a laughable farce, whatever way you look at it, they usually celebrate it on the wrong day, they forbid to partake those who should, the "Ransome" makes no sense and the wine and crackers are crap.

• undercover
    undercover

A shameless BTTT, because, well, I can if I wanna

• prologos
    prologos

Adam read the fine print on the label* of the fruit and ate it anyway. Wt lawyers are too late.

*he "was not deceived". but is now deceased after being deseased.

if god authored the bible, did he use fabulous baby talk with earlier, simple minded and overlapping generations?

their credulity can be excused, may be,--- but can ours, or better the JW's?

Think (tm IBM) again.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos
    The problem is that if just one man, Homo Sapiens, lived before Adam then the whole Adamic sin and "ransome" sacrifice idea of the WT and others falls apart.
    Men were building Temples and other structures 11,000 years ago and more.

Indeed, this is why I wrote this in a thread about Adam and Eve a few months ago:

It's amusing to imagine a naked Adam and Eve in 4000 BC, wandering around their Garden in wonder at everything, learning all kinds of new things as the "first humans", then looking over to the side as they stand near the edge of the property and noticing Mesopotamian workers walking by, dragging large stones to construct buildings in the center of their nearby city, Uruk. "Uh, hello?", they say, waving confusedly at their neighbors. God's voice booms from above, "Er, you should probably just ignore them."

"Uruk was an ancient city of Sumer and later Babylonia, situated east of the present bed of the Euphrates river, on the ancient dry former channel of the Euphrates River, some 30 km east of modern As-Samawah, Al-Muthanna, Iraq. [...] In addition to being one of the first cities, Uruk was the main force of urbanization during the Uruk period (4000–3200 BC). This period of 800 years saw a shift from small, agricultural villages to a larger urban center with a full-time bureaucracy, military, and stratified society." -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruk
    "Ubaid culture is characterized by large village settlements, characterized by multi-roomed rectangular mud-brick houses and the appearance of the first temples of public architecture in Mesopotamia, with a growth of a two tier settlement hierarchy of centralized large sites of more than 10 hectares surrounded by smaller village sites of less than 1 hectare. [...] During the Ubaid Period [5000 B.C.– 4000 B.C.], the movement towards urbanization began." -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubaid_period
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Bump, 'coz anything Undercover can do I can do too, well, not look as cool as his picture I guess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit