Armageddon is coming ... for the WTS

by mP 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

The Watchtower will not survive the implosion of the global economic system. They have put all their eggs in the wrong basket: MAMMON (Where moth and rust consume.)

• Conan The Barbarian
    Conan The Barbarian

Their big problems are:

1. The year 2014 is a few months away. Once this date comes and the world is continuing on with little interruption, I predict many of the "old timers" will fade away. They have waited too long and will be grossly disappointed. Just watch the Watchtower articles that come out before and after the event for damage control. Remember, the excuse of "poor health" is accepted by the WTS and is something that no proof is required. The Elders and the rank and file can't question it. "I am not at the meetings too much, or out in service a lot because I have poor health". Watch. This will be coming more and more from existing members.

2. The world is changing. People in general are more educated, and as a result, more sophisticated. The conversions that were experienced years ago were an anomoly and won't be repeated. There will be less and less conversions made. The membership will dwindle. The population that is being preached to is smarter than it used to be (in the developed world). If a person lives in a mud hut, has limited or non-existant reading abilities, has to chase a chicken through a mud puddle to catch dinner and carry a water jug 5 miles to have some water for the day, this may not be the case.

3. Look at baptisms that take place. At a Circuit Assembly or District Conventions (in the developed world) there are less and less people being baptized. The baptismal candidates are mainly the children of believers and the decreasing amount of converts. The converts are generally people that have social problems (personality disorders, mental or physical issues that impact human interaction) are socially disenfranchised for some reason or another. Serious, normal people don't come into the religion any more in my experience.

4. The amount of Memorial partakers remains high. It lingered at 8,000+/- for a decade or so and now the number is higher. The whole doctrine of 144,000 is suspect by the evidence and the spin of "replacements" is intellectually insulting.

I think that the above issues will result in diminished membership over time, and in the developed world the religion will really shrink unless there are major changes in modernizing and rationalizing the belief system, doctrine and treatment of the members.

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

"An angry mob? I bet they were referring to the demons. Too bad, for them, but the demons are not our enemies. Rather, they simply wanted to have fun with the human race rather than doing everything exactly as Jehovah wanted while he had all the fun"

I stopped reading there, WTWizard.

Could someone tell me if he's joking? I can't force myself to read on.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I have a feeling this is going to be a slow and agonizing Armageddon. But unlike the previous changes the org has made in the past, any changes they make will be made in the light of the Internet, the most significant free-flow of information in mankind's history. Its just not going to be the same as before. It is certainly going to be interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit