Armageddon is coming ... for the WTS

by mP 13 Replies latest jw friends

• mP
    mP

Is it just me or are we seeing the Armageddon or the end of the WTS ? They seem to be reducing the size and publising of the A! and W! mags something that must shock many believers. The growths they so boldly spoke about just a dozen years ago have stagnated and their prophecies have failed. Its hard too see anyone in modern western countries being drawn to them, they probably will only get new members from the poor and uneducated.

We all know they have never found a single prophecy encoded in the Bible to come true, but i think fnially we may have a winner for them. They said that the system will end, and false religion will be exposed. Unfortunately for the WTS they are the ones who are dying and they are the center of false religion. Is this prediction actually going to come true, with the start of their downfall being the turn of the millenium ?

• oppostate
    oppostate

Organizations that survive know how to adapt.

The WTS has been around for a century + and has shown they can rework interpretations to keep the religion going.

It would be so easy for the current GB to change doctrine, procedures, and even other major changes, like the deletion of the bookstudy or the moving out of Brooklyn and not be afraid of major repercussions.

Even with minimal progress, or even sustained decreases, the WTS could find a sense of stability and sustainability given a few die-hard congregations filled with "true" and "loyal" believers of the Tower.

Examples abound of minor religious groups surviving and keeping their quaint traditions despite whatever changes take place in the world around them. (e.g. Amish, Hasidim, etc.)

I believe that unless there's a change from on top, from the top of the WTS hierarchy, in fashion to what the Worldwide Church of God underwent to become Grace Churches, the WTS's religion could continue and sustain it's uniqueness for quite a few decades if not centuries, given additional overlapping generational doctrinal corrections.

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

"must shock many believers."

I don't think the org could really do anything that would shock the Witnesses. These are the sort of people who would do almost anything that they're commanded to do or think. They're Jamestown material.

• TOTH
    TOTH

I have seen this go on for a long time. since the 70s anyways. Most jw's gobble up everything the wts says with neither rhyme nor reason. I still say that if the gb woke up tomorrow and said that Jesus Christ was hatched from a chicken's egg instead of being born from a Hebrew virgin named, Mary that every jw on the planet would run with it. So sad but I have seen this type of control in the borg and was actually part of that group who took them at their word and lived it.

The conditioning is deep and permanent in many jw's. I still recall a ca where the TALKER said that the org could say, "JUMP!", and we all had to ask, "HOW HIGH?"

Another assembly they made an announcement from the platform that an angry mob had gathered outside the assembly hall and that we were all in danger. The TALKER then asked if we knew where our children were. Many people had their kids preparing sandwiches for lunchtime, other kids were cleaning bathrooms, and others were goofing off no doubt. He then stated that it was becoming a problem and that the children and teens HAD to be seated with their PARENTS. As per the directive from the gb. WTF!

This sort of scare tactic is unconscienable but very typical of the borg.

• baltar447
    baltar447

TOTH, what bastards! That's the equal of yelling fire in a crowded room.

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

Haha! Classic! I would've been the first to jump to my feet and charge out to fight the mob. I wonder how many times the cops were called that day.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Maybe they're not shocking the dubbies, but they are losing grip with changes like cancelling the bookstudy arrangement, halving the magazines and shortening pioneer hour requirements. The less treadmilling the dubbies are doing, the less brainwashed they get.

Also their restrictive stance on facebook is training the young dubs to ignore what is being preached and sets a bad precedence for them.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Rutherford managed to give huge impetus which resulted in growth to his new cult in the 1920's, Knorr's business minded view added to this.

Since the advent of the Internet the "hole in the bucket" of those leaving has got larger. They need a new business plan and fast.

At present they are going the way of the Bible Students, contracting, smaller conventions, an ageing demographic, in other words, withering away.

I don't see them going with a bang, though I would love that, I see them going after a long period of time with a barely audible whimper.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

I used to wish that the end would come in "this system of things" in my lifetime and I could live forever in Paradise......

Now I wish the end of the WTBTS would come in my lifetime. Unlikely, but Id sooooo love it

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

An angry mob? I bet they were referring to the demons. Too bad, for them, but the demons are not our enemies. Rather, they simply wanted to have fun with the human race rather than doing everything exactly as Jehovah wanted while he had all the fun (making people miserable). Just to make sure children are prevented from having a little fun. You don't need to have 16- and 17-year olds sitting with their parents every second during the a$$emblies. Toddlers, maybe--but not older children nearly old enough to vote.

Besides, I would rather be with that "angry mob [of demons]" than with the witlesses. As bad as the Jews that preceded them, witlesses are nothing but parasites on society. They don't know how to create anything--all they can do is destroy. They rip things off from other sources, with little or no original content, and then they corrupt it so you can't at least get a true view of the Bible. (Which itself is a corrupted mush of rubbish ripped off from other religions.) And, since quite a few people are seeing that the world outside is no worse than the witlesses (and that demons do not attack people), they are soon going to wonder where to get enough money to function.

And that leaves hyperinflation out. Let that happen, and they are going to be up sxxx creek without a paddle, in a barbed wire canoe. Real estate values, unlike basic commodities, are going down in value. They own nothing in the way of precious metals, or basic commodities that are going up in price. When the dollar becomes toilet paper, they aren't going to be able to afford anything. Not to mention they are not getting even one atom of my silver.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit