And down comes the house of cards

by Blind_Of_Lies 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

A recent thread “leaked” a letter from the WTBTS HQ telling all congregations that soon the Awake magazine would be cut in half in size and that they were focusing more traffic away from printed material but instead they wanted to increase traffic to their soon to be revamped and merged website.

I cannot help but think that they may have noticed how effective Harold Camping’s approach was. With a low cost website and blog type presence being promoted by a small army of dedicated preachers. This move along with the selling off of Brooklyn really should stand as a sign of the times.

Why would a supposedly thriving and growing organization CUT BACK on its printing footprint?

Why would in the tail end of “The Last Days” would god’s mouthpiece limit printing and distribution of its “lifesaving” literature?

Most corporations that are experiencing any type of growth have the need to expand. Why don’t these guys?

I think the answers to all of these questions and probably many more are that this group is on the edge of collapse. The things we are seeing them do is more telling of a company trying to tread water just before they go belly up. They are cutting and slashing the very thing that keeps them alive. I think it’s just a matter of time before Assembly’s and traveling overseers become replaced with podcasts and webinars.

Keep sticking the fire too them any way you can. It’s just a matter of time until this entire house of cards comes troubling down.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Its becoming a game of sustainability for the WTS./JWS

Perhaps into the future we can see some name changing for the organization itself as well toward the names of any

published works coming out of the organization .

• paladin
    paladin

I wish this house of cards would collapse. We had one congregation in our city abolished and 30 minute bookstudies moved to the halls and now downsizing publications.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Why would a supposedly thriving and growing organization CUT BACK on its printing footprint?

Because they don't need to produce mags, for revenue. The publishers kick in whenever they need to guilt them into doing it.

Why would in the tail end of "The Last Days" would god's mouthpiece limit printing and distribution of its "lifesaving" literature?

Same reason they killed the method that was already in place, in case the religion was banned. The bookstudy. They really never bought it, but the dubs did. Liability over shepherding the flock.

Most corporations that are experiencing any type of growth have the need to expand. Why don't these guys?

Other than new KH's, (which also provide great revenue with their newest scam), their growth is a paper growth, more revenue. In fact now they are "rightsizing". Remember that term in the 90's for corporations that cut back costs, (mostly employees), for a higher bottom line.

I think the number of changes required of them, along with the frequancy, is making them quite uncomfortable. Their articles seem hostile at times, and paranoid. This "internet monster", that they don't understand is a huge problem. With Twitter, and an electronic device in the hands of most people in developed nations, the world is blowing by them at a pace they could never sustain. Something tells me this religion's avg age is on the increase.

• LV101
    LV101

do you think the majority of their members can afford to give them money these days? Not in Vegas --- the few wealthier ones must be paying the bills. Of course, many of their people are on state aid/unemployment so they have something to hand over in order to remain a member and part of the congregation but it can't be much.

If the economy doesn't turn around here (hopefully, it already has improved, not sure) they could be in trouble since their recruiting base is mostly the low-income people.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I've seen it in the poorest of congregations in Los Angeles. Mostly spanish speaking. Huge publisher count but low income. They always came up with it. Thgese guys would work extra jobs but they still do it. Unfortunately, the lowest income individuals are most likely the income group to get scammed

• afreeman
    afreeman

A recent thread “leaked” a letter from the WTBTS HQ telling all congregations that soon the Awake magazine would be cut in half in size and that they were focusing more traffic away from printed material but instead they wanted to increase traffic to their soon to be revamped and merged website.

Could you please link to this thread, or to the leaked letter?

• Blind_Of_Lies
  • afreeman
    afreeman

Many thanks!

• LV101
    LV101

wha happened --- I believe the poor ones come thru for them. I don't want anyone to be out of work but maybe some won't find extra work in these times and maybe God is helping them out and maybe they'll find someone who has a computer. Guess my life is hopeful on maybes and about the time I give up on any collapse coming on them I read something that makes me hopeful yet again. Ya'd think I'd learn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit