And down comes the house of cards

by Blind_Of_Lies 33 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'd love to have that aha moment, but I know it will never happen. Stranger religions have survived. Watching them fade into a hardcore religion and shrink to even less signicance would bring a smile

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

The walls come tumbling down........ We can only hope so 'n' keep the faith

Love'n'Thoughts Woz

• nugget
    nugget

In the past the sign of Jehovah's backing was always supposed to be how everything was expanding. They needed new buildings, new accommodation to cope with the increase, more and more literature and more and more people to produce it. In the last few years everything has been shrinking. They call it consolidation but that is just a name for downsizing. Fewer Bethels, smaller and fewer magazines, fewer meetings. However the burden on the members remains just as high with a book study of 1 hour being replaced with family worship night. Field service is pushed as never before and aux pioneer hours are only reduced in memorial season to provide extra guilt if you don't do it and to boost the end of the year report.

They are reducing their outgoings so they remain just as wealthy. The faithful will forget the scriptures that talk of God speeding up the work and the implication of growth and focus on the nearness to the end. How long can they keep up the deception?

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I'm just trying to imagine the WTBS in app form and picturing how they'd promote it in Itunes lol.

Loz x

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

I'll be saving my 69 pence (or £9.99 maybe) and will not be buying that app. No surprise there.

• designs
    designs

Chuck Smith from Calvary Chapel had to throw in the towel on his Crusade for Christ conventions because they stopped being profitable at least locally. I am sure the Society takes a loss on some District Conventions, when the numbers no longer add up they'll make the change.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Their doctrine/theology is a house of cards, it can tumble in minutes after the click of a mouse and abit of reading on say, JWfacts.com.

The Corporation is a different matter, it is still in good shape financially since the cost cutting exercises, which will continue, getting rid of poor congreagations being one thing that they will do for a while.

But one day cash flow may be a problem, the property scams they have only yield dollars every so often, expenses are 24/365/or 6 in a leap year.

If cash gets tight, a bit of "Noo Lite" , not quite tithing, but close, will suddenly beam out of upsate New York, and the poor sap Dubs will dig deeper, to "please Jehovah".

AS George Carlin, RIP, used to ask "If God made and owns the whole Universe, how come he can't manage his Current Account, why the **** does he need your dollars ?"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

At this rate, they aren't even going to notice when the Age of Aquarius comes and leaves the Washtowel behind. People around them are going to go farther from Christianity, even as we see now. As we get closer to around 2150, I expect this trend to accelerate as a whole new paradigm is created (and that assumes Agenda 21+ doesn't come and totally exterminate all religion). Left alone, the Washtowel will simply dig in, living as if in the Age of Aries near Pisces (we are nearer the Aquarius end of Pisces now), and pretend nothing is going on. Ultimately, they will become unable to recruit anyone and the ones left will die off.

Of course, if King Rothschild manages to pull off Agenda 21+, all bets are off about the development of new religions. That will instantly destroy the Washtowel, since Rothschild will have them all slaughtered for not doing his own will.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Whatever happened to the Pilgrims and Puritans? http://brian-deming.suite101.com/whatever-happened-to-the-pilgrims-and-puritans-a153631

Religions form, break down, merge, split. If they are unadaptable, people, especially their youth, leave. Protestantism has its history of shifts and splits of denominations.

The WTS is trying to make valueless adjustments, only organizational, too late. When an religious organization has by far the majority of its youth leaving, they are going down. They continue to hurt their youth and with the "shunning,"of its youth, the WTS is causing its own 'bleeding.'

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

nearby, there is a congregation that is fully paid off.

there's english and spanish congregations in the hall.

they have told the english to build another hall somewhere else and take a loan.

this leaves the hall to the spanish that have only been there for 5-7 years.

if I were one of those that paid my blood and sweat for that hall I would raise bloody hell!

their ponzy scheme will fall, the question is when?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit