Great Quotes of Great Minds

by N.drew 62 Replies latest jw friends

• N.drew
    N.drew

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner... Henry Louis Mencken

• talesin
    talesin

To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends. To appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.

The sun illuminates only the eye of the man, but shines into the eye and the heart of the child.

~ Emerson

I love Emerson! He is my favorite American philosopher.

xo

tal

• Stealth
    Stealth

"I ain't got no respect for no religion where the head guy claims he can't make no mistakes. Like he's, waddya call, inflammable." - Archie Bunker

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I am not half as bad as they say I am

Of course not. She is twice as bad as we say she is.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

" I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." - Kurt Vonnegut

• talesin
    talesin

@ Razzi ARRRR, matey! sometimes I feel like bein' a pirate, too!

• N.drew
    N.drew
    Of course not. She is twice as bad as we say she is.

No! That is not possible!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Almost anything is possible.

CERN is still saying that a mass-carrying particle can go faster than the speed of light, for example...

• N.drew
    N.drew
    mass-carrying particle can go faster than the speed of light

I believe that.

Light might be a quality of time.

Nobody yelled at cofty for highjacking my thread. Please will someone please yell at him?

Hi Talesin!

• sizemik
    sizemik

N.drew . . . give us some more of what you're reading. I want to hear how they collect sperm from whales.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit