Remarrying, then paradise =problem?

by Inisc 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• snakeface
    snakeface

Blondie is right. Of course the Bible doesn't give those details; the Wastetower made it all up to encourage single ones to stay single (so they could find someone perfect in the New System), and to encourage widows/widowers to remarry "only in the Lord" so as not to disappoint the other spouse.

Can you imagine, in the New System, a few thousand years down the road a single Armageddon-survivor man is attracted to some woman. So he asks her to marry him. Her reply: "Sorry, I can't. I was resurrected."

Is this some kind of curse put on the resurrected ones, that they cannot marry? Can they at least be members of wedding parties for Armageddon-surviving couples? Imagine some faithful pioneer sister who really wanted to get married but didn't "for the sake of the kingdom" and served "whole-souled" as a missionary or in Bethel, all the while "waiting on Jehovah" to provide someone perfect for her at his appointed time when he makes all things new. She dies, wakes up in paradise only to spend eternity single. I wonder how many suicides we'll see in the paradise.

It is obvious that this discussion Jesus was having had to do with the heavenly resurrection, not earthly.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Wouldn't it actually make sense for widows/ers to marry outside the thruth. In Armageddon their spouse would die in horrible way and if we have mis-interpreted this status of resurrected wrong, he/she would be able to remarry the late spouse. And if interpretetation is right they would be able to marry another survivor anyways.

CP

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum Renderme.

If you think about Adam and Eve...Eve was created as a companion for Adam..they were both perfect beings in the garden and there was no mention at all of them doing the dirty in Eden. It wasn't until they sinned and were tossed out of Eden that the mention of Eve lusting after Adam and bearing his kids was mentioned...maybe those resurrected just wont have the same physical sexual desires for their former spouses?

In the thread "Jehovah and his useless penis." Shelby reckoned that because Adam and Eve were made in God's image, that they were able to make humans the same way God did. Just grab a handfull of dirt and make a man, steal a rib out of the man to make a woman. That's why women wouldn't have had birth pains if Eve hadn't scoffed the apple.

I don't think Shelby had all the answers.

Cheers

Chris

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'm sure my parents are afraid that one might die before Armageddon. They know the rules. They married 'til death do us part', like most Christians.

They preach the wonders of resurrection to Paradise, but they want to live nearly next door to Satan's Worldly hospital with all of the technology provided by Worldlies who went and got an education instead of studying the Watchtower, sorry, Bible.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

I once saw a headstone with an inscription from the wife of the deceased man it read " REST IN PEACE UNTIL I GET THERE"

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I had a friend that got divorced for reasons other than adultery. They both stayed single for years because scripturally they were still married. One of her fears was that if she was still scripturally married to him, and they both made it through the big A, she would be forced to be married to him forever. Some paradise!

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit