Remarrying, then paradise =problem?

by Inisc 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Inisc
    Inisc

This is a question I always wondered about and never got an answer to.

Its also another reason why I'm finding it harder to believe in an 'afterlife'.

Th idea that humans can live forever, now seems so scientificly impossible.

So I wanted to ask all the great minds on here,

If someone's spouse dies, and then they remarry,then Armageddon comes and goes then the deceased is resurrected,

How,is that ever gonna work? I mean that wife or husband that crawled out from their dirt nap is gonna be pissed right?

What then?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

you get both back, then u can choose later who will build u a house and a farm

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Those who are resurrected do not feel any need for intimacy, all the bad things are forgotten. So there will really be no issue. Only those who came through A will have that kind of feelings and their children will also inherit it. Kind of two classes.

CP

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

It's the ones who decided to delay having children until the new system I feel sorriest for believing it was the right thing to do.

If they are in their 50s or older and still childless they must be now realising they could die before the Big A and therefore have lost any chance of being a Mum or Dad or Grandparents.

How sad.

• TOTH
    TOTH

Complex question that the wt oversimplifies. I know that if I spent my life hoping to reunite with my wife after resurrection and found her to be remarried I would be crushed. If we are to be resurrected fully human AND as the same person, then we will no doubt have feelings. One brother explained the resurrection like this. A man was being chased down and eventually was devoured alive by a lion. He would be resurrected with his arms and legs flailing about in defense of his life. He would remember the last moments of his life and continue forward from that point. What about a guy who had a heart attack screwing the love of his life? Then she is remarried? Hmmm

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

JWs say there is no marriage in the resurrection, even on earth. Some have even speculated resurrected folks don't even get to have genetalia, not sure how that works! Most of these silly paradise earth explanations come about because of the 144,000 doctrine.

When Jesus was saying there was no marriage in the resurrection, he was talking about people being in heaven, thus no need to marry because you don't have a physical body anymore.

But JW leadership shuts up the kingdom of the heavens, so you run into scenarios like you describe. People die, the spouse remarries, then of course the situation you describe comes up.

Anyway, mainline Christians simply believe in a spiritual afterlife, no more sex but you get to float around with all of your peeps forever, so it all works out.

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

They've got bigger problems, such as converting the Chicago metro area back to the pristine wooded prairie it once was, preaching Witness doctrine to a resurrected Gandhi/Martin Luther King/John Lennon, taming natural predators and poisonous animals, planting tropical foliage in the Arctic, and disposing of the disproportionate amount of Chinese, Indian, and Middle Eastern bodies. It's going to be a stinker! And finally, establishing the world HQ in Jerusalem and teaching everyone to speak only Biblical Hebrew. Jehovah and his people are going to have their hands full with this one.

• St George of England
    St George of England

It's all tosh anyway but the official JW take is that death ends the marriage. End of story.

If you are a JW you know full well that if you die before the big A then your partner is free to marry (but only in the Lord)

George

• Inisc
    Inisc

It's a conundrum, like god or whomever wrote it didn't think this all the way thru.

I also know for a fact that if I remarried and my wife was resurrected, immortal or not, she would freakin kill me!!

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Till death do us part. Crawling out of a grave is pretty much proof they were dead. But yah, if it were real, hurt feelings. To the deceased, they just fell asleep, it's only a second to them, so the WT teaches. Would be a bummer. Or polygamy will be OK'd in the bible. But then again, according to the literature, women are going to turn into men anyway, so what's the big deal.

Golden Age April 2 1930) "Question: Will husband and wife life together after the resurrection is completed, if both are in harmony with God? Answer: The scriptures do not reveal what the relationship of men and women will be after the resurrection is completed. The most that we know is that there will be no children born during the last 100 years of the Millennium (Isa 65:20), nor any born after that, because men and women do not have children after they reach the age of 100 years. Whether the idenity of the sexes, as such, will be preserved, we do not know. There have been some well authenticated instances in which women have been transformed into men and it is possible that this transformation may become general and we shall all be brothers together." (I don't want to be a brother)

Isaiah 65:20 "Never again will there be an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his years; he who dies at a hundred will be thought a mere youth; he who fails to reach a hundred will be concidered accursed"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit