Pioneers Bearing No Fruit

by TOTH 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

LOL "miscreant"... I love that word...

Tats are awesome... Can't wait until this baby comes so I can start getting some ink!

Okay...back to your regularly scheduled thread...

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

How I wish I could have those 10,000 hours back!

Or at least be paid for them....just think at minimum wage that would be 75k

At a decent job ($20 hour) that would be 200K!

No wonder the WTS is still in business, an almost endless stream of free labor.

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

Magwitch-

Send them a bill

10,000 hours at 7.25 and hour (current fed minimum wage) they owe you $72,500.00. I honestly wonder if you filed suit against them for a similar ammount if they would settle out of court by default or if they would fight it.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

This makes me think of my daays of Regualr Pioneering. Working the same streets and neighborhoods with nary an answer at the door.

The brother I would work with would say, ' Chuck....this is a pretty nice house. But they're not home because they have to pay the bills."

Looking back we looked pretty stupid. At least they had the sense to go out and make a living. Not knock on doors all day.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The "studies" of the pious-sneers in my old cong were usually in jail, unbelievably old, or unbelievably stinky.

They couldn't even get low-hanging fruit, they were picking up stuff off the ground.

• TOTH
    TOTH

Low key, Not at all. I was alluding to the stigma that jw's associate with tattoos and piercings and the like. For me, tats are cool. The lady is however QUITE the miscreant! LOL

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

My mom only ever brought one or 2 women into the lie, and I don't think either of them are dubs anymore. I've never gotten anyone to the point of baptism, nor has my sister (who, like my mom, is still in.)

• biometrics
    biometrics

“‘Sir,’ the man replied, ‘leave it alone for one more year, and I’ll dig around it and fertilize it. 9 If it bears fruit next year, fine! If not, then cut it down.’”

So according to scripture, after one year with no fruit they should be (figuratively speaking) cut down.

• TOTH
    TOTH

Love it Biometrics!

• blondie
    blondie

jws know that their receiving "everlasting life in a paradise earth" is not dependent on bringing someone in. I believe that is why most of them don't try very hard and even turn over possible bible "students" to other people because they don't what to be tied down.

I remember this WTS give jws an out for not "finding" someone.

*** w88 1/1 p. 27 par. 9 Keep On Preaching the Kingdom ***Our situation might be compared to that of rescue workers in a disaster area, such as after an earthquake. Some might be working in an area where fewer survivors were found, but the fact that their fellow workers were finding more survivors in another area would not cause them to slack off and quit. Rather, all rescue workers tirelessly persevere even when they feel there may be no more survivors in their assigned section. And, then, sometimes they find yet another survivor. The search is called off only when the time that has passed reveals that there is no more hope. Well, our search has not yet been called off, and we are still finding thousands upon thousands who want to be rescued from this old world and survive “the great tribulation.” (Revelation 7:9, 14) Even in areas that have been worked thoroughly and where most people do not respond, there are still some results. And there are additional reasons for continuing to preach.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit