Pioneers Bearing No Fruit

by TOTH 44 Replies latest jw friends

• TOTH
    TOTH

My father in law's sow has been a pioneer for what...TWENTY plus years now? She has YET to see any of her studies progress to baptism. I know this is an EXCELLENT thing but to jw's you would think it would be tragic. Not even her own kids are in the wt anymore. They fled as soon as they turned 18. One is a very nice lady who has no interest in being married or having a family. I wonder how THAT happened....The other lady is covered with tattoos, has a bunch of worldy kids and at the moment is shacked up with a member of the MS-13 gang. HE is so adorable! Tattoos all over his body. FACE TOO! Such a disappointment to SOW.

When I lived in Albuquerque we had another STAR pioneer. She was the daughter of the school overlord and from a large family of uber judgmental jw's. She never brought in any of her studies either. At least none I ever heard of. We did see her out in the field quite often when we would be running errands and doing other stuff. She was DRIVING around the territory. Imagine THAT is how she spent the days no one was there to accompany her in service. My sister went with her on many return visits and NO ONE was EVER home...

I wonder if any of you ever knew of any fruitless pioneers.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Yup, but the angels were watching so it didn't matter

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

well since learning the truth abouth the truth last month...i haven't been bearing any fruit... so this def applies to me

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well living in Los Angeles, you just got used to doors never getting answered. I never had a study in the 15 years I knocked on doors. A few RV's but one reason was I didn't consider someone who was trying to be polite and open the door, as a RV. Even when I placed something, if I felt they were just being polite I never came back. Pretty fruitless.

Pioneering is a big fat joke. But it keeps the 'dubs busy

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Its amazing that pios keep at it, at least in first world countries. Near zero return on investment. Of course when you see numbers like at Jwfacts regarding the amount of time it takes, you see why. I think it was more than 6,000 hours of witnessing for one baptism last year.

Say half of those baptisms are born-ins, though I would really say its closer to 75% or so. If half are born ins, then its 12,000 hours of witnessing to get a new member. Regular pioneers do something like 800 hours a year now, so you are looking at something like 15 years for a convert!

Even when you factor in all the faked time, thats a lot of driving around in circles to accomplish nothing.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

or what we used to do. Spread our calls to opposite corners of the territory. 3 calls usually filled the hour

• Celestial
    Celestial

There's very little fruit to be picked in the U.S.A. Here in the U.S., people think they've got it all. With Barack Obama in the Whitehouse, if the river runs dry there's always the welfare dime. He assures us of that. Fruit grows in lands where people don't have their next meal planned.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

There's very little fruit to be picked in the U.S.A. Here in the U.S. people think they've got it all. With Barack Obama in the Whitehouse, if the river runs dry there's always the welfare dime. He assures of that. Fruit grows in lands where people don't have their next meal planned

WTF?

• Celestial
    Celestial
    There's very little fruit to be picked in the U.S.A. Here in the U.S. people think they've got it all. With Barack Obama in the Whitehouse, if the river runs dry there's always the welfare dime. He assures of that. Fruit grows in lands where people don't have their next meal planned
    WTF?

Nevermind.

• Stealth
    Stealth

They are providing a valuable service to Jehovah. If they were not out knocking, then he would have to make the rocks cry out.

Ironiclly that would prove that god really existed, so maybe they are doing him a diservice after all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit