What a shame - but fortunate for the org

by Mickey mouse 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

As referred to in this thread, Ray Franz's book Crisis of Conscience, arguably the most important book for ex JWs to read - has been out of print for months but is available from Amazon at $100+.

Internet explorer, probably the most commonly used internet browser - is not compatible with this website.

Most young JWs probably access the internet via a smartphone but good luck trying to post to this website on one.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Part of me wonders if the WTBTS purchases copies just to keep them out of circulation....

• ziddina
    ziddina

Well, the borg is in the publishing business, and knows the 'ins & outs' of the industry...

Which publishing company was printing Ray Franz' books? And has anyone contacted them to find out when the next print of his books is scheduled???

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Internet explorer, probably the most commonly used internet browser - is not compatible with this website.

I'm still on IE4 and have no problems whatever.

George

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I have found IE using the compatability button is the only one which works properly for me.

I like Safari best which is way faster than IE and is fine for lurking and basic replies here but any links posted won't be clickable.

• ziddina
    ziddina

This listing of websites shows a bizarre disparity between the prices for "Crisis of Conscience"...

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=Ray+Franz+%22Crisis+of+Conscience%22&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&oe=utf8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=11752724358649410388 #

And you can purchase a PDF download of "Crisis of Conscience" for $7.95 from this website - which is the press company started by Ray Franz...

http://www.commentarypress.com/Publication/English.html

It also has "In Search Of Christian Freedom" PDF download for $9.95...

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

If the publishing company won't do another release, I wonder if it would be possible to get the rights to do vanity printing of the book.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    Update: Due to the recent passing of Commentary Press founder Raymond Franz, the Commentary Press eStore is temporarily suspending shipments of hardbound and softbound publications as we go through a restructuring.
    In the meantime, downloadable PDF versions of select titles remain available for purchase through the eStore. Hardbound and softbound editions of many Commentary Press titles may continue to be purchased from a retailer such as Amazon.com

http://www.commentarypress.com/index-estore.html

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It's been released on pdf.

That means it's available as a torrent download.

Pirate Bay or Kick Ass Torrents.

Doc

• Miles3
    Miles3

pdf don't always cut it though. When you want to help a friend or family member, it's not possible when they don't have an ebook reader. Not many people would spend hours reading a book on a computer, and when it's about goading a Witness to read "apostate" litterature, you also have to deal with their distrust of anything from the internet or anything obtained electronically (even when self-printed from it). With a book, you can lend it, send it by the post, let it near their bed or in the living room, even conveniently read it in front of them in the car.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit