Question for elders about MEMORIAL EMBLEMS...

by Alfred 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Alfred
    Alfred

What is done with the bread and the wine after the conclusion of the Memorial?

Is it normally tossed in the trash and poured down the drain?

If so, wouldn't that be simbolic of throwing Jesus' body in the trash and pouring his blood into the sewer?

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

The unleavened bread is usually thrown away, but I've seen the red wine being poured back into the bottle to be drunk later many times.

• designs
    designs

No Witness will throw away good wine.

• cofty
    cofty

The year I gave the memorial talk I drank the wine at home later.

Remember JWs believe the bread and wine are only symbols and have no intrinsic value. Catholics get a bit touchy about what happens to the crackers.

"PZ Myers Crackergate"

• Kristina1972
    Kristina1972

.... so the witnesses sit as the emblems are passed and refuse the bread and wine.

Sound like they are saying they don't accept Christ as their savior.

• designs
    designs

Actually it has nothing to do with rejecting Jesus its just they way Rutherford and Franz envisioned the Priestly class and the wood chuckers.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

A little smoked salmon with some creme fraiche on the crackers would be nice

• dgp
    dgp

So, in the end, you can be sure that someone NOT OF THE ANOINTED drinks the wine anyways; it's just not done publicly.

• cantleave
    cantleave

My friend and I used to guzzle the wine. The crackers were made by some old biddy in the congregation, only fit for the bin.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I knew more then one year a few would go in the back and drink it.... and the bread just doesn't taste like much. I made it a few years

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit