How to Record a Judicial Meeting

by 00DAD 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

cool

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I get your point, but it would be odd for a man to take off a watch and leave it on a table..."

Yeah, I wondered about that, too...

The only valid means of disguising that, would be for him to play nervously with the watch, spin it on his wrist every once in a while, then when they ask him to step out of the room, he could loosen his necktie like he feels like he's strangling, TAKE OFF THE WATCH, and then step out of the room...

But having a recording device that can just sit there is much better... I just don't think that a 'pen' is the best choice, since they so often end up being used, fiddled with, put into someone else's pocket, and so on...

I'm going back to take another look at that website - it has some NEAT stuff!!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

They have a couple pairs of sunglasses, and a keychain - but the keychain looks a bit too much like a recording device, in my opinion...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Okay, here's another good site...

http://www.asianwolf.com/covert-recording-devices.html

Thinking about the situation, I'd think that one might even be able to 'dress up' for the meeting - in a suit and tie - and LEAVE THE SUIT JACKET in the room with a recording device - about the size and appearance of an USB - in the suit pocket...

The site above also has keychain recorders, a keychain recorder that looks MUCH better - like a car's "security" electronic "key"; a "Toyota" KEY recorder, sunglasses [again], a "SMILEY-FACE" lapel button/recorder, a table clock-recorder.... A "wall socket" recording device, a "wall light switch" recording device, a "clothes-hook" recording device, a belt-buckle recording device - and it's in a very sophisticated, "dress" belt, not a cheap western belt buckle..

LOTs of choices...

• Terry
    Terry

Digital recorders are very prevalent, even in our iPhone.

The law states that as long as one of the two parties engaged in conversation is aware a recording is taking place it is not wiretap.

The policy of NOT recording a judicial meeting is to protect the Watchtower Society from incrimination.

Not, to protect the members.

"If I have nothing to hide and you brothers do or say nothing illegal, why in the world would you care if this is recorded.

Afterward, you're going to make a written record anyway, right? Which do you think is more accurate. Isn't accuracy important to you?"

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

My goodness, JWN is really useful, isn't it?!

Seriously, I was going to say that we can all set ourselves up for a career in private detection, but then I thought it might be too close to home for those who are facing such a hearing.

I'm not facing such a hearing but I have got elders breathing down my neck. I've been successfully putting them off so far, because after all, I am just walking away.

I don't really need a recording device because I can't be disfellowshipped, but tey can and almost certainly will mark me and have me announced as no longher this or that in respect of JW's, so that they can all formally shun me.

Still, I like the idea of a recording device. I never even knew anything existed like these pens.

So exciting!

Afterthought: people, there's a downside. I investigated the reviews. One says this.

"The pen has a display that can't be turned off when recording audio, people know you're using a `weird' pen (up to you whether you admit it's recording!)"

Maybe not so good, and more thinking required? Anyone?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Mmmm....

Yeah, Terry, I have heard that "one of the two parties aware that the conversation is being recorded means it's legal" before... Wasn't sure that it was valid...

What I'd REALLY LOVE - LOVE - to see, is someone walk into a judicial committee with his lawyer in tow... A lawyer clever enough to get around that sleazy objection that "This is private property, and we're exercising our right to 'freedom of religion' here, so you aren't allowed..."

Any ideas on how to get a lawyer INTO the JC meeting - or better yet, trick the JC elders into meeting somewhere a bit more PUBLIC, in order to remove that "private property of the religion" issue????

• ziddina
    ziddina

Chariklo, go back and click on the links I've provided, and look at all the OTHER KINDS OF RECORDING DEVICES available...

In addition to pens, there're also:

keychains

watches - most with hidden cameras, too...

USB drives

sunglasses - several styles

reading glasses

a "smiley" lapel button

table clocks

an actual car KEY - Toyota brand only, I guess...???

Wall outlet face, wall light switch - fitting, in consideration of "flickering" NOO LITE...

clothing hook...

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

I recently recorded a meeting with two pastors and myself in another church using a digital camera in my pocket. Even though my legs were under the table and the camera was in my pocket, it picked up every word perfectly. The meeting was about why they were letting a child rapist live and work in the church. I successfully convinced them to get rid of him. I never needed to use the recording.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Also, the poster here assumes that all elders actually know the rules and do not go beyond them. i was kicked out of a meeting for taking notes. They actually called the cops to have me removed when I argued with them. It wasn't even a judicial meeting either. No pens, no paper nothing was allowed. i was actually seeking reinstatement. That was the last time I ever bothered with the whole mess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit