Memorial Invitation official first day today

by OneDayillBeFree 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• truth_b_known
  • truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I so hate IE 9.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

My message just recounted this mornings memorial invitation being jammed into my stormdoor. Two Witness teenage girls came to my door. The only reason I knew this was because I heard what I thought was a single knock on my stormdoor.

By the time I got to the door they were already walking down the sidewalk to the next house. 30 minutes later I was leaving to go out to do some errands. That's when I noticed the memorial invitation stuck between my stormdoor and the doorjam.

It is apparent that they were not interested in "witnessing" to anyone. My doorbell was not rung. No knocking on my frontdoor. Just the sound of them placing the invitation in my stormdoor.

It appears that more and more born-ins are just going through the motions. It is quite sad. Hopefully they take that last step and just quit so they can start living.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Oh GREAT! Guess I can look forward to carloads of people who haven't called me in a year assuring me of how much they have missed me and love me.

I gotta go sharpen my dogs' teeth.

NC

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

What date is the Memorial?

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

April 5th -Thursday

Sw

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The folks love placing these things. Hit-and-run, no talking to householders. Do a street and off to Starbucks.

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

yep, they're all fake-pioneering doing fake ministry thinking they're sooooo spiritual and earning their salvation. It's a complete joke

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I both loathe and love this fake work.

I hate that it's such a pretentious way of trying to manipulate/guilt people; bait (for Jesus) and switch (not really we just want to convert you).

On the other hand.

I love it because if you are still "in" for one reason or another it's a great way to get in some easy service time to save face. Think about it, they do these campaigns two or three times a year, so by the time the anyone starts buggin you to do more, you can just fake some zeal during one of these campaigns and get them off your back. Works every time!

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

i just got mine...with an invite to come back home

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit