Memorial Invitation official first day today

by OneDayillBeFree 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

Well it's that time of year again and the invitations to another pointless memorial aka reject jesus party is now in full swing.

Even though it's only the first day I'm already more than sick of it! This is the first year I am fully mentally awake for the memorial season, and honestly I'm so sick of it all! It's so ridiculous how the brothers and sisters were saying this morning how happy Jehovah must feel that today this holy work is being done on all the earth at the same time... It made me laugh a bit also knowing how they brought back the 30 hour minimum for pioneering this month as predicted by a couple of you guys last year. Now I'm just leaving the cheap invitations in random places... I've thrown away about 5 so far and I'm not in any way encouraging anyone to attend. I'm so ready to leave it all now. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to take the bullshit. So how is it going for you guys still in? Are you enjoying it so far? And for those of you who are out, have you received your invitation yet
  • PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

That 'work' is what 1/2 of my family is doing on this lovely, sunny, warm spring day. I am enjoying a hot beverage, in my robe, and having a relaxing time, ha ha on them.

OneDay-why don't you just fade, Dear?

• St George of England
    St George of England

I gave my wife one this morning so I only have 399 to go.

George

• Conan The Barbarian
    Conan The Barbarian

If you want out, what keeps you in?

• Gayle
    Gayle

is there a goal placement amount for each pub. to distribute these? (i've been out quite awhile -thankfully)

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

St George, you really should re-phrase the first part of your sentence for people with a mind like mine.

I wonder if I will get an invitation shoved through my door this year ?

What a wicked waste of paper !

• TOTH
    TOTH

Oh gee I Can't WAIT to get mine!

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

well I got dragged out this morning for a congregation effort and we were assigned some rural territory miles away. We stopped to get breakfast on the way and by the time we got there it was pouring with rain and my husband just drove past the territory, past all the witlesses and kept on going! We had a lovely drive around the countryside and stopped for lunch in another town before coming home and jumping back into bed.

Best Saturday Morning Field Service Ever. My husband is learning well. We showed our faces but didn't do a single door. I'll put a couple of hours on our reports and that's us done for the month.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

I just got back in from distributing the ivitations, each regular person was given 20 & the pioneers were given 70..I'm not a pioneer. I was working with a teenager, we were assigned our own street...so we just picked a couple houses to give the invitations to...most time was used for idle talk, but hey..I won't be considered an irregular MS.

@onedayillbefree: I understand your frustration...I too am "still in" physical because of family...and I'm not sure for how much longer I can go into FS knowing what I'm telling people is quite possible wrong...I've received some good info since I've been here!

Peace

Kool Jo

• scary21
    scary21

Just got mine......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit