A Letter To the Mean Girls

by N.drew 24 Replies latest jw friends

• N.drew
    N.drew

Please, I'd like to settle this. I am not a lurker. I did not lurk on JWN before I joined and posted.

I did not hear about the Borg by anyone before MY awful selfish self thought of it in my head that doesn't deserve to think what it wants. I had mentioned Borg on another forum so when I came here I heard someone mention Nancy Drew and Borg in the same sentence. I did not know the poster nancy drew because I am not a lurker. My paranoid self thought wow did someone actually read what I wrote? I like that name. I liked reading the Nancy Drew Mystery series when I was a child (speaking of childhood, I believe the child still dwells in us until we die. That's why I don't like mean girls).

So when I joined forum I chose Nancy Drew but the computer said no, it is taken. I should have taken that as a clue but I didn't. So the computer "said" how about N.drew? And my mind (that doesn't deserve to think. I don't know why it won't stop) said "I like that even better!"

So please stop insulting me for taken the goddesses name OK? Which is something I should not write but where else and when will I ever get the chance again to write that great wibble word goddesses?

I was called a goddess once. Believe me, only once! It was quite imbarrisisng embarresing embaressing embarrassing really. Does anyone KNOW how long it takes me to post a post? For you perfect spellers out there, who never needs spell check, there isn't one. Here. Or if I don't want to give my widdle friend a chance to say something quear queer I should have said "there isn't one here". Spell check.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Does anyone really worry about spelling on here?

Many do not have English as their first language and how many did not have a brilliant education because of the bOrg?

As long as we get the gist of the post who cares?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

What's wrong with being called a goddess?

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

nothing wrong with being called a goddess.

hey you all please help me out on my newly started thread - is death a transition?

edit: N.drew I'm truly sorry people have been mean to you but pls get your a*** over to my thread as I have an urgent need to thrash out this subject

• N.drew
    N.drew

Bumping up for proof of delivery

• N.drew
    N.drew

bumping

• caliber
    caliber

Lost In Translation

When something is translated into another language, and sometimes translated back into the original language, and because of differences of the languages some of the original meaning is lost

However even worse than that is wording and structure ... or even one word can appear to change the entire spirit of the post.

Example to be taken in humor only !

My father told this joke where an Englishmen was trying to used the expression "you lucky dog " to amuse his lady friend

but instead said to a young lady friend ....' Well you fortunate bitch'... an insult not a joke

So the entire spirit of the comment can be lost or changed !!!

Or another of Dad's army jokes..... An Englishmen and girlfriend are on the dance floor... her pearl necklace falls down a low backed dress

..she say to him ...".grab them out quickly "!! HE says "I feel a perfect ass "( it embarrasses him he means ) She says... "Never mind that.. just get the damned necklace out !!

• N.drew
    N.drew

The mean girls are refusing the delivery I think.

Good one caliber. I don't know what it means but I like it!

• N.drew
    N.drew

Why I think I am who I am.

My coming into contact with many people who have put themselves on a higher plain of importance to me, but at the same time tell me it is I who believe I am superior has disturbed me to the point of I hardly care. The same people seem to think it is perfectly fine to say to me anything they want to but at the same time they wish to censor what I have to say. It is not the kind of world that I would make for myself. And sometimes I get the feeling I would rather hurry out of this life.

On the other hand their criticism has made me appreciate kindness tenfold I think. Also it makes me stronger and for that I could thank them if I believed they would ever listen. So if your listening, thank you. But too much of a good thing is too much. That is important to know so the next person who might meet your wrath can aslo benefit from it and not be hurt by it.

I think I'd like an apology for the nancy drew thing. It was never on purpose and to make it an issue on forum is to do the same thing you criticize me for doing. If there be a god, god would not be happy.

Anyway, I wouldn't want your job meangirls for all the luxury in all the worlds that are and are to be.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

It's okay....after afew drinks mi speling geos abit fuuny too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit