United Nations mentioned in Watchtower publications

by Magi 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Magi
    Magi

Wow, 3dogs1husband. That last page you posted just shouts out UN PROPAGANDA, especially with that symbol/seal stamped on it.

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

I know right

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

so the JW only version gets the dirt on the UN as the 8th king, part of the devil, watches amercian idol, etc etc. The public awake magazine just posts updates on the current affairs involved by the UN?

• Magi
    Magi

Thats how i'm understanding it, wha happened. I know i asked this earlier, but if anyone can answer when did the study edition start up?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I don't remember exactly. I'm sure u can search the threads. I was already out when the changes occured.

• Magi
    Magi

Ahhh, I found it. January 15th, 2008.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

If wts didn't paint themselves so "holy" and better then everyone else, this NGO scandal wouldn't be such a big deal. But if it's a bad thing to join YMCA or if it was bad to carry a political card (in one party state) by Malawi witnesses then WTS should have never signed up to be NGO which is a branch of UN - image of Satan's government on earth

WTS still has NGO association through its foreign branches, so it's odd that the US connection ended after the Guardian printed the article regarding the wts/un association.

• Magi
    Magi

I would agree diamondiiz, but i still have a feeling they're still putting in UN propaganda in the magazines but just more subtle. And that they are in cahoots in one form or another.

• james_woods
    james_woods

You know - the really silly part of this is the ridiculous notion that the United Nations is an evil beast mentioned in the Revelation.

If they had never said that, they would have been free to join as an NGO and use that to help them sell Watchtowers wherever they wanted.

After all, the United Nations fixation is not even a primary doctrine - it is really just sillyness.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It was silly when they thought of it back then. Suddenly, this political organization that is supported by most of the nations in the world, is going to turn on all the people in those nations and remove religion, and everyone is going to say, OK. Wow! What was I smoking back then?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit